Matador Threads: Ready to go trick or treating?

student dressed up in white and purple inflatable costume
"It was either dress up as the dinosaur from Jurassic Park or Marshmallow Man. I love it, I wasn't too convinced until I put it on and I thought I love it and everyone else seems to enjoy it," Rene Novoa, 20, Sociology major. Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

Halloween is the time of year for people to dress up as what they want. For some, it’s an opportunity to show off their creativity and ingenuity.

_DSC04430.jpg
"I love Harry Potter, I love Newt Skamander because he is very socially awkward and so am I. I love the outfit he wears, the color choice and color scheme and everything," Marvin Chowdhury, 19, Cell and molecular biology. Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

“I love Harry Potter, I love Newt Skamander because he is very socially awkward and so am I. I love the outfit he wears, the color choice and color scheme and everything,” Marvin Chowdhury, 19, Cell and molecular biology.

_DSC04770.jpg
"I always loved Spider-man, Andrew Garfield is my crush. I went to San Diego Comic Con and after going there I thought I need to step it up," Angie Medrano, 24, Psychology. Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

“I always loved Spider-man, Andrew Garfield is my crush. I went to San Diego Comic Con and after going there I thought I need to step it up,” Angie Medrano, 24, Psychology.

_DSC05090.jpg

“It was either dress up as the dinosaur from Jurassic Park or Marshmallow Man. I love it, I wasn’t too convinced until I put it on and I thought I love it and everyone else seems to enjoy it,” Rene Novoa, 20, Sociology major.

_DSC04660.jpg
"I worked hard on it and thought I'd show it off. I saw a couple pictures on the internet of people doing something similar and thought I'd give it a try. It's probably the hardest I've ever worked on anything in my entire life, it took hours just hunched over cutting cardboard to make it," Chris Geozian, 25, Geology major. Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

“I worked hard on it and thought I’d show it off. I saw a couple pictures on the internet of people doing something similar and thought I’d give it a try. It’s probably the hardest I’ve ever worked on anything in my entire life, it took hours just hunched over cutting cardboard to make it,” Chris Geozian, 25, Geology major.

_DSC05510.jpg
"I've always loved Pirates and I found it at the store and it had a great quality to it. It just came with the cuffs and the pants but I really thought about the shirt," said Vannessa Fuentes, 25, Masters in Public Health Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

“I’ve always loved Pirates and I found it at the store and it had a great quality to it. It just came with the cuffs and the pants but I really thought about the shirt,” said Vannessa Fuentes, 25, Masters in Public Health.

_DSC05010.jpg
"The joker is a really interesting character, I've always been intrigued by him and I think dressing as comic book villains is really fun. I went for a mix of different jokers over the years and ended up going with that," Alyssa Landrith, 19, Theater Major. Photo credit: Brandon Ilano

“The joker is a really interesting character, I’ve always been intrigued by him and I think dressing as comic book villains is really fun. I went for a mix of different jokers over the years and ended up going with that,” Alyssa Landrith, 19, Theater Major.