It’s football’s biggest weekend and every year fans get hyped up when it is around the corner.
The Super Bowl is filled with cheering fans from both teams and not to mention hungry stomachs when half-time comes around.
Whether it’s your turn to host the Super Bowl party or a group of friends are gathering in someone’s dorm, here are recipes to keep your guests full.
The options are for students who have access to an equipt home kitchen or access to a dorm kitchen. Below are quick and easy snacks, meals and drinks anyone can whip up in a matter of minutes.
Chips and Guacamole
Buy any type of corn tortillas chips and serve in a bowl.
2 ripe Avocados
2 green onions
Optional: Green jalapeños
1.Slice the avocados in half, scoop them out with a spoon and put them in a bowl.
2. With a fork smash down the avocados to make them into a spread.
3. Cut into bit size pieces both the green onions and the tomatoes.
4. With the fork mix all the ingredients together.
5. Add salt to your taste.
Tip: Prevent your guacamole from turning black by leaving the pit in the bowl or adding one lemon juice.
If you don’t have a lot of time on your hands buy store prepared vegetable and fruit platters. Just pick up some dipping options such as ranch, hummus or peanut butter.
Toast More Than One Way
1 Loaf of bread
2 ripe avocados
2 large tomatoes
1. Slice the bread into about six to eight pieces.
2. Cut the avocados in half and add them in a bowl add salt to taste.
3. Using mugs add one egg to each mug and microwave it for about one minute.
4. Using a plate lay four pieces of paper over the plate. Lay the bacon strips next to each one and cover it with the paper. Microwave each strip for two minutes each.
5. Slice the two tomatoes into thin slices.
6. Assemble the eggs, bacon strips, tomatoes, guacamole and hummus dip into a buffet style.
It’s an easy way for your guest to make their own bread creations. Plus it’s an alternative for people on a diet, vegetarian friendly and dorm friendly.
Hot Dogs Buffet
Hot Dog buns
1. If you are grilling the hot dogs let it cook for about four minutes each or if your using a microwave put them in for 45 seconds each.
2. For the bun let them rest on the grill untill you see it getting golden brown or put it in the microwave or 13 seconds each.
3. Slice the onion and pickles either grill them or serve them raw on a platter.
3. Let everyone build their own hot dogs as their heart desires.
1. Cut and squeeze the juice out of the ten lemons.
2. Fill a pitcher of water.
3. Pour in the lemonade juice and sugar and whisk.
4. Top it of with a few spring of mint.
Optional: Add Vodka