Valentine’s Day can put a lot of pressure on couples to shower one another with extravagant gifts and dinners. Los Angeles is a big place with a lot of options, so it can be difficult to pick the perfect place to celebrate. Here is a list of some of the best restaurants to help you hone down where to celebrate this holiday.
1. The Edendale – $$$ – Take in a bit of LA history this Valentine’s Day with a visit to The Edendale in Silverlake. This retired fire station built in 1924 served the neighborhood of Edendale for 60 years before it was turned into the thriving bar and restaurant it is today. Impress your loved one this holiday with their special six-course Valentine’s Day menu, which includes a bottle of wine. Your entire romantic evening will cost you $138 per couple. Limited space available.
Address – 2838 Rowena Ave., Silverlake CA
Phone – 323.666.2000
2. Upstairs 2 – $$$ – If you are not worried about finances this Valentine’s Day and want to treat you and your love to a special evening, take advantage of the luxurious five-course dinner at Upstairs 2 in West L.A. The menu they have created for this special day is not for picky palettes but will definitely please the adventurous eater. The menu for the evening includes duck liver cognac mousse, roast prime rib, and bouillabaisse with lobster, shrimp, scallops and clams. The night will cost $260 per couple and comes with martini and wine pairings. Reservations are for 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. only with advanced payment required. Limited seating available.
Address – 2311 Cotner Ave,, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Phone – 310.231.0316
3. Bestia – $$$ – Voted by L.A. Weekly to be one of the top ten best restaurants in Los Angeles, Bestia in Downtown is the perfect place to take a date for a delicious Italian dinner. This warehouse turned restaurant in the heart of L.A. offers scratch-made pasta, quick fired pizzas and fresh-made pastries in an environment that Architectural Digest says is in the top ten LA restaurants “with Delightful Designs.” Reservations are a must.
Address – 2121 7th Place Los Angeles CA, 90021
Phone – 213.514.5724
4. Perch LA – $$$ – One of the most romantic locations this Valentine’s Day will be at Perch L.A. in Downtown. Situated on a rooftop with unobstructed views of Downtown, this French-inspired restaurant will make you forget that there is a bustling city just floors below. The restaurant will be hosting a special Valentine’s Sangria Soiree from noon – 4 p.m., which includes bottomless sangria and mimosas and brunch inspired bites for $57 per person. If you would rather go out for dinner, the normal menu is just as delicious and the two outdoor fireplaces and multiple fire pits are perfect for cuddling up with a date.
Address – 448 South Hills St., Los Angeles, CA, 90013
Phone – 213.802.1770
5. Pedalers Fork – $$$ – A local hotspot for Calabasas residents combines a restaurant, full bar, coffee shop, and a boutique bike shop all in the same location. Pedalers Fork specializes in local and seasonal foods and is a more affordable option for your Valentine’s Day dinner. The environment surrounding the outdoor patio is beautifully surrounded with greenery and is close enough to Calabasas Creek to hear the soothing flow of water and sounds of frogs as you sip on a cocktail and enjoy a delicious meal with your loved one.
Address – 23504 Calabasas Rd, Calabasas, California, 91302
Phone – 818.225.8231
Many people will be celebrating Valentine’s Day this month through a different perspective: Single’s Awareness Day, the alternative holiday that singles everywhere can celebrate to keep their minds off of the love and romance in the air. Here is a list of fun bars and restaurants you can go with some friends that will be more single friendly.
1. Blind Barber – $$$ – A great place to escape the love and stay below the radar this holiday is Blind Barber in Culver City. This bar, barbershop, grilled cheesery is certainly not your everyday watering hole. The bar takes the concept of a traditional barbershop, where everyone in the neighborhood comes for a haircut and social hour, and combines it with a bar. Enjoy a quick trim, a nice drink and a delicious bite from their seemingly infinite list of delicious grilled cheeses.
Address – 10797 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
Phone – 310.841.6679
2. Library Bar – $$$ – If you are celebrating Singles Awareness Day rather than Valentine’s Day this year and you are looking for a place to go where you do not have to worry about dodging PDA fests and bouquets of flowers, Library Bar is the place for you. Although the bar is a great place to take a date, February 14 will be dedicated to a celebration of singles beginning at 8 p.m. This dimly lit gem in the heart of Downtown L.A. is the perfect place to meet your Valentine for 2017 or to just enjoy a drink and a book from their enormous library on one of their comfortable couches.
Address – 630 West 6th St., Suite 116-A, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone – 213.614.0053
3. Good Times At Davey Wayne’s – $$$ – Take a trip back in time to the 70’s this Valentine’s Day at Good Times At Davey Wayne’s in Hollywood. Dedicated to their father and blue-collar pool shark David Wayne Houston, siblings Mark and Jonnie Houston have taken all of their favorite memories of their father and put it into this unique bar and restaurant.
Address – 1611 N El Centro Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Phone – 323.962.3804
4. Harvard & Stone – $$$ – Looking for the perfect romantic place to take your date this Valentine’s Day? This location most likely is not your best choice. On the other hand, if you are looking for a stiff drink and some live music, Harvard & Stone is the cream of the crop. As long as you abide by the no “shiny shirts, shorts, sports gear, logos, flip flops, most hats and loud colors” dress code, you will have a great time this holiday with a performance by House Band Country Music Star Johnny Travis JR and all night drink specials from $5 16-ounce cans of Shiner Bock to $5 Old Forester Bourbon Shots.
Address: 5221 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles
Phone – 323.466.6063
5. Everson Royce Bar – $$$ – If you want to enjoy Sunday, February 14 like it is just a regular day of the week, take a visit to one of the South Arts District’s best kept secrets. The vibe and ambiance at Everson Royce Bar is casual and comfortable with a beautiful open patio where you can lounge under twinkling market lights and enjoy some delicious bites and cocktails.
Address – 1936 E. 7th Street, Los Angeles
Phone – 213-335-6166
Price legend (Based on price per person):
$$$ – $10 – $30
$$$ – $30 – $50
$$$ – $60 – $80 and up