Spring Break is just around the corner, so here’s a few interesting things you can do that will make it a memorable one:
1. West Covina will be celebrating its Annual Cherry Blossom Festival in honor of the cherry blossom season being in full bloom on Saturday, March 19 from noon to 6:00 p.m. The event will be held at South Hills Plaza located at 1420 S. Azusa Ave. West Covina 91791.
The event is free and open to the public. The event explores the many aspects of the Japanese Culture and will include sampling of Japanese cuisines and live performances of traditional Japanese and Pacific-Islander music and dance.
2. If you love a good challenge, then the CityRace Hollywood: Past, Present and Future is the perfect thing for you to do on Spring Break. In CityRace Urban Adventure Hunts, teams of two to four players solve challenging clues and puzzles that will lead them on an exciting scavenger hunt through the heart of Hollywood’s most glamorous and iconic places.
The event takes place on Sunday, March 20 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The starting location is at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles, 90028. The cost to participate is $40. For more information you can visit www.racela.com.
3. If unleashing your inner Van Gogh sounds ideal, then this is the event for you. On Wednesday, March 23 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.,WineyArt will be teaming up with a San Fernando Valley local bar called The Woodman LA to put on an event called Drink Paint Create. WineyArt combines art instruction with wine drinking, as a professional artist guides you step-by-step to your completed painting.
The cost is $40 which includes all supplies needed to make your very own masterpiece. The Woodman LA is located at 13615 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, 91423. You can view the painting for this event and purchase tickets by visiting www.itswineyart.com. You must be 21 and over to attend this event.
4. On Friday, Mar. 25, Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood will host Live Band Karaoke from 9:30 to 11:55 p.m. There are more than 250 song choices you can sing to. While on stage, you will be accompanied by a live band called the Casual Encounters, as you rock out to your favorite jam. The event is free and open to all ages.
5. Glow Zone LA has it all, from laser tag, to bumper cars, and even miniature golfing. For the inner-child in us all, this place is a blast. With a variety of attractions, there’s something fun for everyone. Everything is covered in fluorescent neon lighting making everything glow-in-the-dark.
For just $25 on Friday nights from 9:00 p.m. to midnight, you get unlimited access to all the attractions for three hours. Glow Zone LA is located at 6051 De Soto Ave. Woodland Hills 91367.
6. For all you vintage shoppers and antique admirer’s, on Sunday, March 27, Topanga Vintage Market will be holding its monthly flea market at Pierce College. There are more than 170 vintage and antiques vendors, plus a select group of local artisans. While you shop for your vintage treasures, you can enjoy live music and some appetizing food from the food trucks on the premises.
Admission is $3, but kids 12 and under are free. The flea market will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and parking is free. Pierce College is located on Victory Blvd at Mason Ave, Woodland Hills 91306.