LOADING

Type to search

News

CSUN student and alumna die in car crash on Roscoe Boulevard

Share

Courtesy of the Wolf family

A CSUN student and alumna have been identified as two of the four victims of a fatal crash.

Danielle Wolf, 22, and Kristin Norris, 22, were in a yellow 2007 Chevrolet Corvette that crashed at high speed on Thursday. Two males accompanied Wolf and Norris.

Det. Bill Bustos of the LAPD’s Valley Traffic Division said the driver of the sports car was speeding as they headed east on a flat, S-curve on Roscoe Boulevard between Balboa Place and Hayvenhurst Avenue.

The Daily News reported that Norris was the driver of the sports car.

Wolf and the male passengers where ejected from the vehicle, Bustos said. It appeared that they were not wearing seatbelts, as the car is a two-passenger seat vehicle.

Alcohol consumption is the focus of the investigation but cannot be confirmed until the toxicology reports have been completed, Bustos said.

The car, which landed on its roof and skidded before coming to a stop, crossed the nearby Metrolink tracks and hit a guardrail, a utility pole and a streetlight before rolling, Bustos said.

Both Wolf and Norris were apart of the Greek community at CSUN. Wolf was a member of Alpha Phi while Norris was a member of Tri Delta.

In an e-mail statement to the Daily Sundial Wolf’s family said they were grieving the loss but hope to get through the difficult time with the support of their family and friends.

“Our daughter, Danielle Wolf, loved her college years at CSUN, especially the time she spent in her sorority Alpha Phi, the friends she made, and the memories that she’ll always have with her. We know that Danielle cherished each and every one of her CSUN friends and we thank you for supporting her during her college experience.”

The Wolf family said they were thankful with the LAPD officers who had taken care of their daughter to the best of their abilities.

“Our hearts go out to the families and friends of the other victims involved in this tragedy, and we will continue to support each other through this time of mutual loss.”

“We appreciate all the love, prayers and support that we’ve received from the CSUN community and Danielle’s surviving friends and we thank you for keeping our family in your thoughts and prayers.”

Norris’ family could not be reached for comment.

According to a source in the Greek system, plans have begun for a service next week on campus for both Wolf and Norris.

Tags:

86 Comments

1. ADeGuzman Sep 23, 2010

17226 ELKWOOD = Bunch of losers.

Cameron Pearson = 949-278-2547

Manny = 323-401-1802

These are some of the inhabitants of the property. Why don’t you give them a call and let them know how you feel?

2. Brainless sheep Sep 11, 2010

Elkwood = Death

1. Brainless sheep Sep 25, 2010

I mean to say that If the young people did not go looking for the party, they would still be alive. So sad. This was such a tragic accident and hope it never happens again. Please be safe out there. Our lives are precious and we want to hold on to our loved ones.

3. Pablo Jr. Jun 14, 2010

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS DON’T DRINK & DRIVE, DRIVE OVER 100 MPH, STUFF 4 PEOPLE IN A 2 SEATER…. IT’S NOT WORTH IT!!! R.I.P.

1. Pablo Jr. Jun 14, 2010

& WEAR A SEAT-BELT…

1. laughable Sep 22, 2010

I live with a bunch of losers and have no life ahead of me. No talent and don’t take my education seriously. If I were smart I would take control of my life and figure out how to make it after I graduation this year. Can’t live like a college student forever or else I will end up on welfare and never own my own home.

2. laughable Sep 22, 2010

4. The wood caused it Jun 7, 2010

Sorry everyone. Truth is she was drunk. The Wood drew her into the area that night. She may be alive today if the Wood didn’t throw a cinco de mayo party that night. The Wood has to live with the fact that they killed the four involved.

5. Fireman May 24, 2010

Another crash at the site last nite. This guy wiped out the memorial and sheared-off the hydrant. Dangerous curve…look out.

6. Fireman May 23, 2010

I had the unfortunate task of being there that night. We all (Cops and Firefighters) thought about our own college aged kids and the lives cut short. All of us are still kind off torn up about it and will remember that tragic call.

Please, no matter what your opinion is of this tragedy, it has affected many lives. Don’t make us go through this again.

7. a mom too! May 23, 2010

very well put Tre Tre….Hard to believe that ignorant people believe ignorant things. If and I repeat If alcohol or any mind altering substance was involved in this accident ….You can’t blame the Greek system!
    I am hoping that as time passes so will all the pain associated with this horrific accident.
    R.I.P.

8. tre tre May 21, 2010

how can anyone say that this was some thing us greeks encourage? Never have i ever been in a situation where we were forced to drink and drive even during pledging period. regardless if this was coming to or from a greek party doesn’t mean that greek life endorses this. this was just a terrible accident that some misjudgments were made by people whom happen to be in the greek system. you hear about things like drunk driving among young adults nearly every day, you don’t blame their associates for encouraging to drink and drive do you? you blame the driver who made that poor decision. So it pains me that people mis understand the greek system. I love you danielle AOE and my love also goes out to Tri Delta.

9. the badido May 16, 2010

not the corvete!!!!

10. Maria Barron Flores May 15, 2010

It is sad to read the terrible allegations on alcohol. People come on, 4 people died…I never knew any of them and I apart of the Greek system at CSUN and it upsets to read this terrible pin pointing. My condolences go out to the Norris and Wolf families, I am truly sorry for your beautiful losses. May they rest in peace.

Take Care

11. JS May 14, 2010

According to those close to the investigation, the Corvette was travelling somewhere near 117 mph.

12. Frank May 13, 2010

I was friends with jossue aka josh i met him in middle school but had not herd or seen em 4 about 5 years now and its sad 2 hear about em dis way may he RIP. My prayers r wit his fam. And the other victims fam.