Stop being a tree killer

I have one question. Have you been naughty or nice this year?

I don’t know about you, but I’ve tried my hardest to be extra good because I have my eye on a few green gifts that were posted a week ago. Can you say “iPad, please?”

But no matter how hard I try to be good, I know during this time of year I’m a very naughty girl. Why? Because I have secret. I’m a murderer. Well, more like an annual serial killer.

Now before I scare you. It’s  love/hate relationship that leads to this untimely death.  Because I love Christmas trees, but I hate killing them.

I love the decorations, the lights, the smell and everything else about them, but I hate the clean-up, the disposal and the one thing I hate the most is that by having one I become a tree killer for a simple tradition.

For the past 23 years, I’ve been this heartless tree slaughtering murderer, until now.

The Living Tree Company has the solution to kill my guilt and this tree slaughtering habit of mine. They let me decorate my tree in all the trimmings I want and I don’t have to kill it. I simply rent it.

Yes, I said it. You can rent a Christmas tree. Isn’t the Internet great?

All you have to do is make a few selections of tree and size off of their website and they’ll choose the best one from a local nursery and deliver it to your doorstep. Then after the holidays, you strip your tree down and they’ll pick it up for you. It’s really that easy.

Tree rentals range from $25-$125, with the delivery and pick up fee not included. The prices vary on height of the tree as well as the type of tree your heart desires this holiday.

What’s even more great is that you can even consider adopting the same tree and watch it grow year-after-year, by renting out the same one as years pass, creating another tradition for years to come.

I don’t know about you, but having this option around this year makes me love the holidays a little bit more than hate them. Plus, if I rent a tree maybe I won’t be on Santa’s naughty list this year. After all I’ve stopped my murdering ways.