LOADING

Type to search

Opinions

Question of the Day: Would you live as a human pet?

Share

Free housing, good food, a warm bed and a loving family: These are things we all want. There is a community of people who offer them to certain people, and all they ask in return is for a loyal human pet.

These arrangements vary in their details, but the general idea is that a person or group of people host someone, take care of them and dominate them. The pet, in turn, must please his or her masters and accept rewards and punishments.

It may sound like a questionable arrangement, but it may be tempting for someone to get their room, board, health care, education and discipline taken care of by someone else. Would you consider giving up some of your freedoms for the security enjoyed by a human pet?

Tags:

4 Comments

1. Vlad Sep 27, 2011

Kristin,

Well done!  At first, I thought this was about pets.

There are accounts, in the Bible in Exodus and Numbers, where expatriated slaves (from Pharoah) came to Moses and told them that, while they appreciated the glorious acts commited by God(parting of the Red Sea, for example), in helping them secure freedom, that they wanted to appoint “a new leader” to take them back to Pharoah(and bondage), because they were hungry.

Is the current “crisis” being created, to make people hungry enough to forego (neigh demand) the overthrow of the system for food and shelter.  Far fetched, research; Cloward-Piven

Revolution is sexy, no doubt. the result is misery and despair.

Peace, out!

Vlad 

2. Karl Anglin Sep 21, 2011

I would not….. I cherish freedom. May my freedom rule for eternity!

—If you want total security, go to prison. There you’re fed, clothed,
    given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking…….is freedom.
    ——Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969)

3. I need to know one thing first before I answer: Does the city require that they be spayed or neutered?

1. Js090109 Sep 21, 2011

hahaha David, I don’t think spaying or neutering is the question.  One should ask whether this arrangement includes on-going sexual abuse.