Botanic Garden

Botanic Garden

Hidden in the middle of campus is a quiet place where some students and faculty go to get away from the loud noises and stresses of the university. The Botanic Garden is a hidden treasure that goes unseen by many students.
“It is quiet and peaceful here and where I get all my studying done. It is not as noisy, and I love nature,” said Joanna Villegas, junior Chicano/a studies major. “I am either here or at the Orange Grove.”

Students visit the garden during their class break or just to get away from the busy campus life. “It is not that packed, and there aren’t tons of people like frat boys blowing whistles,” said Shaywna Couplin, geology major, who joined her friend for a cup of coffee outside in the fresh air.

“It is quite and peaceful here and where I get all my studying done. It is not as noisy and I love nature,” said Joanna Villegas, a junior Chicano/a studies major, studying in the Botanic Garden on Monday. “I am either here or at the Orange Grove.” Photo credit: Ellen Krausse / Daily Sundial
The Botanic Garden has beautiful areas devoted to cacti and succulents, tropical plants, palms, herbs, butterfly plants, and much more for students to enjoy. Photo Credit: Karla Henry/ Daily Sundial
One of the many species of plants that grows in the Botanic Garden at CSUN where many students go to enjoy the peacefulness and the wildlife. Photo Credit: Ellen Krausse/ Daily Sundial
The CSUN Botanic Garden has a wide variety of tropical flowers and plants that grows inside their green house. Photo Credit: Karla Henry/ Daily Sundial