KSCN news update: more than 70 percent of teachers say their students come to school hungry
- The US Department of Transportation announces a two million dollar grant program to counter an increase in pedestrian injuries and fatalities.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has the results of crash tests on 12 small cars.
- A former screener at Los Angeles International Airport has been charged with alleged telephone threats that prompted evacuations.
- Global warming is getting worse as every second, smokestacks and cars pump more than two million pounds of heat trapping gases into the air.
- A study finds that 75 percent of teachers say their students regularly come to school hungry because there is not enough food at home.
To listen to these stories, tune in today to KCSN at 6pm.