Style Hunt: Scoping out the best dressed on campus

stylehunt_online_1.jpg
Sundial Photo Editor, Cladellain Kae David, posing in front of the Donald Bianchi Planetarium for the Sundial Style Hunt Feature. (Caribou Tree Media / Contributor)

What is your name?

Hey, my name is Cladellain Kae David and I’m the Sundial Photo Editor. No, it’s not “Mr. Cladellain.” Last name David, first name Cladellain. My aunt is “Clarence,” my grandma was “Adelia,” and my dad is “Allain.” For some reason they chose to shut out my mom, but I guess it’s fine since I already have a hard time fitting my name into forms.

What’s your major?

I’m a Psychology major with an emphasis in Biopsych. I love learning about how people work, think, and function. I love it so much that I might even declare a minor in Management. I would also like to declare a minor in photography, but one does not simply do that at CSUN.

(Caribou Tree Media / Contributor)
(Caribou Tree Media / Contributor)

Do you have any style icons?

Is Pinterest a style icon? Just kidding. Sort of. I’m actually still having trouble with style because I grew up a tomboy that hated lace with an itching passion. Most of my outfit styles are still reminiscent of the preppy schoolgirl style from the first time I watched Cardcaptor Sakura. Pinterest has been helping me put together outfits with colors that flatter my skin tone, complement my body type, and slightly lessen my chance of being carded. But the biggest thing I’ve learned is to work with what I have.

I have a constant struggle finding clothes to fit my 4’ 10.5” stature, and more often than not, I have to shop in the kid’s section. I recently discovered that Kohl’s has a pretty good collection of XS preteen juniors without glitter and sequins. Sometimes when I get lucky, I find something buried in the deep dark depths of Cotton On with an XXS.

What music are you currently listening to?

I recently bought the 99 cents for 3 months premium promo for Spotify, so if it fits under my cleverly-named Biopsychology-inspired playlists, then I’m probably listening to it. I highly recommend “Morning Oxytocin” for indie/acoustic, or “Substance P Inhibitor” for some rap.

What was the last movie you saw? What did you think?

I just saw The Devil Wears Prada for the first time and I’m actually glad that it has taken me this long to watch it because I don’t think I would have appreciated it as much as an 11-year old. One of the main messages of the movie is that the way you present yourself changes how others define you. But no matter what you choose to wear, how YOU define yourself is more important. So walk like a queen and boss it up, because if you respect yourself, then others will too.