The Sundial presents KCSN’s Evening Update for May 5th, 2015. Here are the headlines:
- A $725,000 settlement is reached in a lawsuit involving allegations that LA County Sheriff’s officials targeted racial minorities in the Antelope Valley.
- The US Supreme Court is hearing arguments about the use of sedative medications in executions.
- Cleaner power plants and diesel vehicle fleets are helping to reduce air pollution, but 40% of Americans still breathe in high levels of ozone and particulates.
- The Los Angeles City Attorney’s office introduces an online discussion board to improve communication with neighborhoods.
- Ten million households in California will receive average credits of $27 next month as part of the state’s cap and trade program.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/204116105″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]