Evening Update Mon Sept. 28
- California has an unsustainable build-up of vegetation which provides abundant fuel for wildfires that contribute to carbon emissions.
- Motorcycle fatalities are on the rise and a highway safety group says it would be safer if all states adopted universal helmet laws.
- The Department of Homeland Security is responding to an unprecedented number of undocumented children entering the United States.
- Los Angeles is preparing an ordinance prohibiting smokeless tobacco at stadiums, fields and other venues used by organized sports.
- A study suggests that troubling behaviors exhibited by abused children can be predictors of later criminal activity.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/226047538″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]