App of the day: Study Blue

No one has ever gotten through college without having to study. We all have our different means, but one common way is through the use of flashcards.

Flash cards are a time-tested study device that has work for a reason; it’s simple. You write a term on one side and on the back you write it’s definition, then you rinse and repeat until you got all of your terms then you shuffle and study.

Studyblue is a free app that can and will replace all of your flashcards and easily double if not triple your efficiency when studying.

“I seriously hated that this app didn’t exist earlier when I was a freshman,” said Ryan Lai, 26, Art Major, alumni

It’s easy – you can use it on your PC/Mac and begin typing out terms and definitions on either side.

The app puts all of these cards into a folder for any subject and you can access them on any of your synced devices.

Once you have them, the app can shuffle them for you, create a multiple choice test based off what you wrote or simple quiz you in a random or pre-selected order on your cards.

On top of all this the app allows you to share these publicly with anyone taking a similar class, share them only with your friends, or just keep them completely private to you.

“My typing speed is easily 4 or 5 times faster than my writing speed, so making flash cards was super easy and didn’t hurt,” said Edmund Loria, 24.

Whether you’re a die-hard student who writes down everything exclusively through pen and paper, or a student who only brings their laptop to school, you need to take notes, and this could make that entire process much easier and faster.

Even if writing one’s own flashcards doesn’t seem appealing there is still another aspect to this app.

One can browse through millions of high school, college even masters level classes and find flashcards others have made available to the public.

Being able to study accurate material without having to go through the pain of finding all the right answers takes a huge load off of any student.

“I’m a good person so I usually would just would leave my flashcards I made available to anyone who wanted to use them,” said 20-year-old graphic design major Steven Morrison.