Crime blotter for April 11 to April 17
Monday, April 11
- Two students were referred for a drug-law violation in the F10 parking lot.
- An unknown suspect crashed into a parked car in the B3 Parking Structure and left the scene without reporting the accident.
- A camera was stolen from a residence in the UPA around 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 12
- One student was referred for an alcohol-law violation at the Oviatt Library.
- An unknown suspect stole money out of a purse that was left unattended in a practice room in Cypress Hall.
- An unknown suspect crashed their vehicle into a parked car in the F9 Parking Structure.
Wednesday, April 13
- A black marker was used to write graffiti in a men’s restroom in Bayramian Hall.
- An unknown suspect has been harassing a victim by calling multiple times a day.
- Six unknown suspects assaulted a victim with a glass bottle around the UPAs. The group was last seen running southbound on Zelzah Ave.
- An unknown suspect assaulted the victim after they left the Satellite Student Union building.
Thursday, April 14
- An unknown suspect used red spray paint to write graffiti on a trash can on Zelzah and Plummer.
- The front tire of a bicycle was stolen outside of a UPA complex.
- The victim was raped by a known suspect March 5 near the UPA, according to the crime log. The assault was reported April 14 and the investigation in ongoing.
Friday, April 15
- Officers responded to a smoke alarm activation in the UPAs. The officers found that a smoke detector had been tampered with.
- A driver was pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign, officers arrested the suspect for driving with a suspended license and was later released with a notice to appear.
Saturday, April 16
- Officers responded to a noise complaint regarding a party at the UPAs. After clearing the area, they discovered that the smoke detector had been tampered with. Two students were referred for drug-law violations as a result.
- A bicycle was stolen by an unknown suspect outside of the UPA Mercado. The bicycle had been secured with a U-lock.
Sunday, April 17
- Officers arrested a suspect for attempting to steal a bicycle and possession of marijuana around Jacaranda Hall. The suspect was transported to the CSUN station for booking.