Dance, Dance Revolution

Dr. Paula Thomson’s intermediate classical and contemporary ballet technique class is a place where students can dance for two hours and worry about nothing else. Dr. Thomson’s class meets three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) from 9:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. The class offers students the opportunity to learn classical ballet moves as well as to practice what they have already learned. It gives students a chance to get the training they need and want in classical ballet.
Dr. Thomson wants her students to take away from her class a respect for the process of dance as well as gain self discipline as a dancer. Most of all she wants her students to find absolute joy in their dancing, which most of her students do not find is a hard thing to do. The majority of her students love going to her class and forget about everything else while they dance. The class is a mix of advanced dancers and beginners, but with Dr. Thomson’s expertise in the art of ballet, she brings out the best in all of them. Of course dancing for almost 50 years will make you an expert one way or another.
Most of her students are involved in the upcoming concert called Kinesis: Emerging Choreography, which will be held at the Plaza del Sol performance hall on April 28. The concert offers undergraduate students the opportunity to choreograph performances as well as perform in them.

*PLEASE NOTE- The ballet practice bar is spelled barre, this is not a misspelling*

Christianna Triolo
February 5th, 10th, 12th, 2010.