1 pound of flour (16 ounces or 2 cups)
10 ounces of warm water
1 teaspoon of yeast
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 tablespoon of salt
*Optional: Add spices to add flavor to the pizza crust. Suggestions: garlic salt, parsley flakes, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
1. On a clean counter top with plenty of space, dump flour into a pile and carefully dig out a well in the middle. Pour warm water into the well. Sprinkle in the yeast and mix with fingers. Keep stirring until bubbles begin to appear. This will indicate that the yeast is alive and growing.
2. Next add the oil, salt and any other seasonings while mixing it into the water. Gradually work in flour without breaking the sides. Mix in all the flour when the dough is no longer runny.
3. Sprinkle some flour onto the counter. Take dough and fold toward you and then push away. Repeat for about 10 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Push finger into the dough. If it springs back up, the dough is ready to rise. Place in a bowl with flour so it doesn’t stick and cover for 2-3 hours.
4. After 2-3 hours have passed, sprinkle flour onto the counter and place dough on top of it. Kneed the dough to release air pockets. Using a knife or dough cutter, slice dough in half and roll into two balls while folding excess dough underneath in the middle. When finished, place on a plate with flour, cover and let sit for 1 hour.
5. Finally, to roll out the dough sprinkle the counter with flour and place the dough on top. Flatten out with a rolling pin OR by using your hands. Gently pull each side evenly all the way around until the dough is the desired size.
1 box of Chicken Helper Fettuccine Alfredo
1 pound of chicken tenderloins (strips)
Half red onion thinly sliced the long way
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
1. Cook chicken and alfredo according to directions on package. Once finished, scoop mixture onto pizza dough and top with cheese and onions.
2. Bake on a pizza pan or stone wear with cornmeal sprinkled on top to prevent burning. DO NOT USE FLOUR! Bake at 425? for 10-13 minutes.
3. Serve with a glass of wine or hot green tea!