From Allrecipes.com, yield four patties:
· 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1/2 green bell pepper chopped or processed
· 1/2 onion chopped or processed
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. If grilling, heat range to a high heat or preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. Mash black beans with a fork or food processor until thick and pasty
3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4. Stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and which ever hot sauce or seasoning you choose.
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.