Weekly calendar

OCT 12

Saturday October 12- Treatober Fest

Time: 5-8pm  

Price: $15-30

Where: Angel City Brewery

216 S. Alameda Street, Los Angeles

L.A. Foodie is throwing a Treatoberfest costume party at Angel City Brewery in downtown L.A. Dress up in your Halloween costume and go trick-or-treating among L.A.’s finest sweets and treats vendors. Munch on samples at dozens of different tables providing assorted cupcakes and treats. Then wash it all down with 3 awesome beers from Angel City Brewery.  All of this is included in the price of your $15 ticket!

OCT 13

Sunday October 13- Green-O-Ween

Time: 9:30-1:30pm

Price: free!!

Where: Mar Vista Farmer’s Market

Between Venice Blvd and Grand View Blvd. Zip code 90066

In need of a new Halloween costume? Swap costumes with other costume swappers!! The Los Angeles Costume Swap encourages you to do some fall cleaning by recycling or donating your gently-used adult and children costumes! For every costume you bring, you can swap it out for a different one, or simply donate the ones you no longer need. Your donation will benefit a local homeless child, teen, or adult. Other activities include learning how to host your own “Costume Swap Party,” discovering great ideas for Halloween candy alternatives, and using creative ways to recycle everyday items into Halloween props and accessories!

OCT 14

Monday- Voodoo Comedy

Time:8pm

price: free (2 drink minimum)

Where: House of Blues- Sunset Strip

8430 W. Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood

Go check out some of the best live stand up comedy in LA at the VooDoo Lounge in the House of Blues! There will be a great lineup of some of LA’s best comedians, including special guest and national touring headliner Lisa Landry.  This is an amazing show, so go grab a drink and have some laughs at VooDoo Comedy!

OCT 16

Wednesday October 14- Elemeno Pea Comedy (thru Sunday October 20)

Times: Wednesday-Saturday 7:30 pm, Sunday 2pm

price: students $15, general $20

Where: Nordhoff Hall “Little Theatre”

Directed by Peter Grego, this comedy of bad manners includes two sisters squaring off in a satirical-filled play surely to be a favorite!

OCT 17

Thursday-M Dot Fashion Show

Time: 6pm-2am

Price: $25 general $75 VIP

Where: 930 Hilgard, Los Angeles

Fall is well underway, and you know what that means….new fashion trends!! Head out to the W Hotel in Los Angeles for a first look into M Dot Design Studio’s fall/winter 2013 collection. This event is surely to be an exciting, upbeat and fun evening with everything from fashion, to music and dancing, to an entire after-party to celebrate the night’s success!