Great dates Cali style

Valentine’s Day is upon us. If you haven’t managed to lock down some plans for the special day, don’t panic! We’ve put together some ideas for a memorable day or night with your sweetheart.

Recalling Rudolph Valentino's Hollywood

The Adventurous Couple: Skip the busy restaurant scene and hit up the great outdoors! For a romantic getaway, drive up to Lake Hollywood Park and set up a picnic for two. The park has a great view of the Hollywood sign, as well as Los Angeles. You can even bring your dogs along with you. The park is very spacious, and a great place to let your furry friends run around.

The Romantic Couple: Rather than doing the usual dinner and a movie like most couples on Valentine’s Day, why not hit up the Santa Monica Pier? You can cuddle with your honey on the beach, or ride the ferris wheel at sunset. This date would also provide great opportunities for cute and romantic photos of the two of you!

Cold-weather surfing at Stoney Point

The Sporty Couple: We are blessed to live in southern California with tons of beautiful beaches. Why not take a surf lesson? Wavehuggers surf school is offering up a discount of $20 off a couples lesson. It’s always great to try something new, especially with the one you love.

The Nerdy Couple: Who’s up for some laser tag? We know Barney Stinson would be. What could be more fun than shooting a laser at your significant other? Ultrazone Laser Tag in Sherman Oaks offers up some great fun, and has arcade games up for grabs too.

The Stay at Home Couple: After a long and busy week, nothing sounds better than a quiet night in. You can enjoy each others company by cooking a meal together. The Food Network has plenty of ideas on their website to get you started. From appetizers to dessert, there’s plenty of fun to be had!