CSUN Crime Blotter

From August 17 to 21 there were three reports of drug and alcohol violations on campus property, one arrest and a hit-and-run car crash, according to the campus log crime archive website.

Monday, August 17:

A bicycle was stolen in front of the Planetarium around 2:30 p.m.

The bicycle was secured to a bicycle rack on the north side of the building. The investigation is ongoing.

Tuesday, August 18:

A male CSUN student was arrested for giving false information to police, unlawful use of an ID and driving without a license. He was taken into custody and booked at the CSUN police station, and later released.

Wednesday, August 19:

A hit-and-run traffic collision occurred in parking lot F2, the parking lot nearest to the duck pond.

An unknown suspect collided into the rear bumper of a grey Toyota Prius and then fled in an unknown direction.

“There were no witnesses to provide a description of the other car,” said Christina Villalobos, public information officer for the CSUN campus police station.

Two residents of the University Park Apartments near Zelzah Avenue were referred for disciplinary action following alcohol-law violations. The incident was not reported until Thursday, August 20 at around 4 p.m.

Thursday, August 20:

Three residents of the University Park Apartments near Zelzah Avenue were referred for disciplinary action for a drug-law violation on Thursday.

The first violation occurred at 1:44 a.m.

The second incident involved two residents and was reported at about 4 p.m.

Friday, August 21:

There were no incidents reported, according to the crime log archive website.