CSUN MEChA members claim harassment by undercover LAPD officers

Photo Caption Needed
Photo Courtesy of Teresa Vazquez

CSUN student organization, Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA) said they were made the target of surveillance during their first meeting of this semester.

Faculty adviser of MEChA, Dr. Jorge Garcia said that on Sept. 2 they were holding their first meeting on the lawn between Jerome Richfield Hall and Barman Hall when they observed the surveillance groups.

“They looked older than traditional students and some were wearing cargo pants, fatigues,” Garcia said. “We were joking among ourselves about who they could possibly be. They looked militaristic.”

“We then noticed that they were doing some maneuvers. They would spread out then move back in together,” he explained.

MEChA President Abraham Ramirez and the community liaison Felicia Rivera said what happened next caused them to take greater interest in the group.

“We saw this guy rushing us, coming toward us really fast,” Rivera said. “We were backing them. At the corner of our eye we saw that his group caught up to him and restrained him.”

“We heard them say something to him like, ‘It’s not time yet,’ then they huddled up again,” Ramirez said.

According to a report compiled by associate chair of the Chicano studies department Gabriel Gutierrez, “As the meeting continued, it was announced that the meeting would be moved to the Chicano/a house… In the mean time, the group that had at this time taken what appeared to be a rather aggressive posture toward the participants of the MEChA meeting gathered their belongings and proceeded on the walk going north along the library.”

“Somebody told us that they were over at the Chicano/a Studies House. Jesus Flores, Jake Prendez, Gabriel Gutierrez, Rudy Acuna and I went over there, and they were in a cluster in front of the Chicano House,” Garcia said.

He said he approached the group after they began questioning his student, Jesus Flores, after he took out his cell phone and asked him for his ID.

“I told them that I was a CSUN professor and former dean of the College of Humanities and asked what they were doing here. One responded with a sarcastic remark. They were very arrogant, giving us orders to move on. I told them that if they had a problem with us that they should contact our CSUN police, that we didn’t have to deal with other police,” Garcia said.

He added that, “One then said that he was LAPD and that they were conducting a training exercise and that they were not armed. He told me that they were not armed several times. I found that suspicious. It was starting to get confrontational. They were really nasty to us.”

Urban studies professor, Dr. Teresa Vasquez, said she was on her way to her office in Sierra Hall when she noticed the group of people with cameras, bags and suitcases. She said she stopped to talk to Dr. Garcia when she witnessed the incident.

“It felt very hostile. Unusual. They were being aggressive. My first impression was that it was a hate group. They didn’t behave like police. I even thought that they were from the Minutemen,” said Vasquez.

Vasquez said she began to take pictures of the incident when a member of the group approached her.

“One saw me taking pictures and asked, ‘Who are you?’ what department I was from and he took my pictures. I do not think anyone has the right. They took recording and pictures of everyone.”

According to Ramirez, the group, who he calls “undercovers”, left when the campus police arrived.

“They (CSUN police) said they knew the group would be here and that they had a permit, but that they were only supposed to be at the bookstore, not here,” Ramirez said.

CSUN Police Captain Scott VanScoy confirmed that the group was indeed from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) and that CSUN police was aware of their presence on the campus.

“No permit is required,” said VanScoy. “It is a public university. They called us as professional courtesy and let us know that they would be carrying on a training session practicing their observational skills for about two hours.”

The witnesses of the incident felt the group racially targeted their organization.

Vazquez, skeptical of the reports that the group was conducting training, said because the MEChA group was mostly Latino, the incident seemed like an exercise in racial profiling.

“They saw us and decided to use us for their experiments. Because we were students of color, they felt they could use us as their freaking test subjects,” said Ramirez. “If it were a sorority, they wouldn’t have used them.”

“We were targeted for a good 20-30 minutes. I cannot imagine what type of training that was,” Garcia said.

He said he was unsure whether the group had planned it, or took their meeting as an opportunity to “target brown people, but that was what it became.”

“In the 70s we had undercovers in the classrooms. We had spies hiding behind vending machines at a MEChA conference. We have been the target of direct surveillance and harassment in the past. It is not farfetched for us to say this. It is historical,” Garcia said.

VanScoy said that although the group had not done anything illegal, including taking the pictures, his chief requested that they not grant open permission to the LAPD following this incident but that they still have the right to come.

“If this group were to call again, we would have a more lengthy conversation about who, what and where now,” said VanScoy. “We put some measures in place to prevent this from happening again.”

“If we don’t agree that it will not work out in the best interest of the school, then we can request that they refrain from the activity,” VanScoy explained.

Garcia said MEChA’s faculty would discuss their next plan of action regarding this incident.

“What we want is that there is no possibility of them coming back here. I’ve got a few suggestions where they can go, maybe Beverly Hills,” Garcia said.

Ramirez said he wants the student body to be informed and aware that the “LAPD is on our campus and using students of color as their test subjects.”

“I do not believe that they should have jurisdiction here. Hopefully this will stop them from coming back,” he said.

• cozyugg.com

[url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-classic-tall-5817-ugg-boots-chocolate-p-136.html]UggBootsfromAustralia[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-classic-tall-5817-ugg-boots-sand-p-137.html]talluggbootsonsale[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-5230-whitley-suede-boots-black-p-68.html]uggwhitleysuedeboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-5230-whitley-suede-boots-chestnut2-p-70.html]cheapugg5230boots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-5230-whitley-suede-boots-chestnut-p-69.html]cheapugg5230sale[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-5230-whitley-suede-boots-grey-p-71.html]uggwhitleysuedeboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-5230-whitley-suede-boots-sand-p-72.html]UGGWhitleySuedeBoots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-bailey-button-triplet-boots-1873-baby-pink-p-43.html]classicuggbaileybuttontriplet[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-bailey-button-triplet-boots-1873-black-p-42.html]cheapuggbaileybuttontriplet[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-ugg-bailey-button-triplet-boots-1873-chestnut-p-44.html]uggbaileybuttontripletboots[/url]

• cozyugg.com

[url=http://www.flyugg.com/bailey-button-boots-c-23.html]baileybuttonboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/black-uggs-c-74_75.html]AuthenticUGGs[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/blue-uggs-c-74_79.html]uggssale[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/buy-ugg-australia-ultra-tall-boots-5245-black-p-73.html]uggultratallboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/buy-ugg-australia-ultra-tall-boots-5245-chestnut-p-74.html]buyuggtallboots5245[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/buy-ugg-australia-ultra-tall-boots-5245-chocolate-p-75.html]uggaustraliatallboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/buy-ugg-australia-ultra-tall-boots-5245-sand-p-76.html]ClassicTallBoots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/-c-.html]Women’sBootsSheepskin[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-classic-tall-5817-ugg-boots-black-p-134.html]cheaptall5817uggboots[/url]
    [url=http://www.flyugg.com/cheap-classic-tall-5817-ugg-boots-chestnut-p-135.html]classictalluggboots[/url]

• 1 crazy the rest correct? 1 correct the rest crazy?

How can they make this claim about our society’s protectors? Wait! they even have a tendency to accuse their own of being infiltrators.

• To attack you must know their history better than them, to defend you must know your own history

Chicano/a Studies is a major chosen by many, but the huge majority of these students do not join mecha because they know these students tend to be racist, not productive, and have the lowest gpa within the major.

• A true witness

Oh yeah, and the CSUN Chief seems like a coward for the statement given. What was that weak comment about? The LAPD is a police department in the State of California, I want them here on our campus, ANYTIME the want to come here, essp[ecially if I am being protected be a weak Chief like the one at CSUN-PD.

• A true witness

It’s amazing to me just how racist MEChA is across the board. There might be a .01% of the Police Officers out there that are questionable, but 100% of all MEChA supporters and members are a bunch of racist scum. And the language and actions of all of the MEChA members on this day were the status quo, with one exeption, the guy sitting down. Even the kids were acting like savages! It was disgusting, and it was nothing bu hispanic panic. Get over it MEChA, Texas, Arizona, California and New Mexico and part of the United States of America. Suck it up and move on. If your people are truly concerned about the well being of your people, go back down to Mexico and save your homeland from the drug dealers. You show just how much you care by your failure to go back and save your people from the murderous cartels down there. Youo are all a bunch frauds with zero pride!
    And still, no appology from MEChA to the LAPD and CSUN for the gutter like actions of these malcontents? That says it all.

• Honestly, take a look around why are you arguing with eachother. Who is the enemy?

• Joe Ramirez

Mark Joslin – Why is it that every time you post a response, you talk about how you have been singled out and called names? You behave like a child. Yet you hold a position teaching others what? How to win an argument by trying to sound more intelligent and claiming your the victim? The reality is that you have not presented anything more than your own twisted speculation of this matter. You constantly talk about how no one has the “balls” to say anything to your face, yet when your presented with hard facts, you try to sound more intelligent and play the victim card. The reality is that there are plenty of hard FACTS about mechas role in many violent hate crime incidents over the years. Dont flatter yourself by claiming that the LAPD singled you out either, it couldve been anyone else. And guess whos there to save your ass when your in trouble? Those very same officers. If you have such a problem with the LAPD why dont you type out a nice “intelligent” letter telling them why you dont need them. When your fellow latinos decide to break into your house and steal everything you own and possibly assault you, why dont you give he LAPD that you dont want their help because you wouldnt want to have prejudice another racist incident.

• Prof. Mark Joslin, Lecturer

Well, Joe Ramirez, you join the ranks of claiming “hard facts” that have yet to be stated. You apparently haven’t been tuning in the entire time. If you had been, you would have seen the direct attacks upon me and other faculty who were indeed “singled out.” As far as me “behaving like a child,” well, you can offer your speculation, I suppose. That’s hard to do if you don’t know me and spend time with me, isn’t it? Additionally, I don’t play the “victim card.” That’s a strategy employed by you to “minimize” and distort my position on this matter.

Now, if truth is something you can handle, Joe Ramirez, understand that I do not “constantly talk about how no one has the “balls” to say anything to [my] face.” No, Joe, I don’t “constantly” make such a claim. You’ve distorted my position. My criticisms were focused upon those who hid behind the anonymity of the internet and resorted to name-calling, avoiding any serious discussion. And, I rarely flatter myself. I’m secure enough that I don’t need to.

Joe Ramirez, on what are you basing your claims? I never claimed LAPD singled me out. You made that up and presented it as a truth. And, you jump to a conclusion that I feel I don’t “need” the LAPD, an absurd notion that I never claimed and reject. You have a knack, Joe Ramirez, for creating an alternate reality regarding this incident. You arrived very late to this discussion, and yet you present yourself as if you’ve been contributing “hard facts” all along, yet I can’t identify one in your little note here. Please provide some of the “plentiful” hard FACTS (caps yours, in case we couldn’t see it, I suppose) involving MeCha in “violent hate crimes.” I’d prefer a documented fact, not some unsubstanciated, slanderous claim. Also, please proofread your published comments. I’m trying to sort out what you mean when you write “why dont you give he LAPD that you dont want their help because you wouldnt want to have prejudice another racist incident [sic].” Review the dependent clause in a grammar book, Joe Ramirez. Your sentences should have a clear subject, verb, and complete a thought. Start out with the concept of “thought.” Writing for publication, like driving, shouldn’t be done angrily. Avoid looking foolish when you base claims on incomplete information. And, as always, avoid ad hominem attack. It simply shows you have little to say.

On the upside regarding your little writing project here, congratulations, Joe Ramirez, for using a name in your post. That’s more than others agreeing with your position could muster. But, please keep focused. The topic was not about me. It was about unfair treatment of students on campus, students who happened to be Latino, and several faculty members who responded and investigated. The fact that it spiraled into racist claims and unfair, derogatory comments perhaps indicates what little people know about their environments and history.

Enjoy your holidays, Joe Ramirez. I truly hope that’s your actual name and not some made-up, weak attempt to present a Latino “against” MeCha and our Department. I present myself as Professor Mark Joslin, legally and rightfully. (If you’d read from the beginning when this incident was documented, before the libelous responses were removed by the Sundial, you’d know what I mean when I qualify that as such.)

Good day.

• José Beltrán

First, I find that it is quite comical that so many would post about this article and simply lose sight of what the topic actually is. The topic here is the improper way in which the LAPD performed a training exercise that targeted a specific group (in this case M.E.Ch.A., which consists of, but is not exclusively, students with Chican@ or so-called Latin@ backgrounds). This is not acceptable behavior on the part of these officers and this would also be the case if it had happened to any group.
    Second, those who would post comments that are blatantly racist and do not specifically and constructively addressed the actual article and hide their identity are displaying cowardice of the most detestable kind. If you are going to attack someone’s character at least base it in an argument that holds some truth and when relevant to the discussion at hand. By plummeting into such childish banter you are only relieving your arguments of any merit. I would suggest that you speak to the persons whom you are attacking in person and you may find that you share more commonalities then you may think and if not then at least you have honorably addressed your grievances in a civil manner.
    You want organizations such as M.E.Ch.A. to disappear? Then help to address the issues that such organizations are working to eradicate (e.g. extinguishing poverty, famine and all of other woes that have been imposed by the dominant society, which is historical fact based in reality and not racist rhetoric).

Above you will find that I have provided my real name and since I fight only for the true equality of all, I have no reason to hide.

C/S y que!

• bebe bebe

QUE VIVA MECHA. AND TO ALL OF YOU PPL. MECHA WILL NOT DIE ANYTIME SOON!

• XUANITO

LAPD FIND SOMETHING TO DO AND STOP TERRORIZING OUR COMMUNITIES

• D

If postings about such concerns such as this run into this kind of non-sense, how bad are things going to get? These people are on a campus that has worked for decades on improving the community and here are these people spilling hate and ignorance on a CSU blog. What does that mean for progress? I’ve only been gone a couple years from CSUN but when i stepped back onto campus a couple weeks ago it seems all too apparent that the diversity i used to love about the campus has become a bit bright on the eyes. Seems affirmative action has now turned to “affirm the guero to action.” I think it’s time to bring it back to affirm the natives into action.

• kevin

i just cant believe why anyone from the LAPD hasn’t sued both the Sundial and Dr. Garcia for libelous statements made against them.

I’m pretty certain (as a journalism major) that you can’t print baseless accusations against ANYBODY, regardless of who is saying it.

Hate to point out the facts, but you can’t just say “they were profiling us because we are brown” (paraphrased) or claim that the LAPD is running a racial profiling training camp and then suggest they go to Beverly Hills for “observational training,” implying they only came to CSUN for the minorities.

Gosh, why don’t we have more lawsuits in this country???

• Mark Joslin

That’s a two way street, isn’t it, Kevin? How about “they are a racist terrorist group,” and other similar charges made against specific faculty and student MeChA members? Couldn’t “Bobby” be recipient of such a lawsuit for his ridiculous accusations and statements? (Of course, he didn’t have the courage to state his entire name, so perhaps he always planned to hide. Too bad technology is fully capable of revealing him.)

The disbelief regarding certain mindsets here is understandable and warranted. I hope psychology students view this. It’s an exercise in self loathing for many of those spewing their hateful opinions and insecurities onto others.

• J. Quinonez

My issue with the LAPD incident comes from a concern that the police overstepped their agreement with our university and did not conduct themselves professionally by “conducting a training exercise” that involved students without the permission of students involved. We (CSUN and research community) do not allow use of students in research or any type of study without their permission , this is very important and CSUN campus police should of been notified if LAPD thought their was an issue on campus.

Yes, LAPD probably “can” come to campus, but is it acceptable for them to inform our campus police that they will “be carrying on a training session practicing their observational skills for about two hours” only to decide that they wanted to ID and approach a student organization meeting?

How you feel about MEChA as an organization should be tabled. How you feel about Chicanos/Latinos (regardless of what you admit in your “comments”) should be tabled. Student organizations have a right to meet on campus.

The issue here is that the LAPD used students for a training exercise, were not honest about their intentions, and/ or were full of themselves and disregarded any professional obligation to our CSUN campus police department.

• J. Quinonez

*their should read there.

• D

Being in education and reading these replies has only solidified the notion of segregation making a healthy come back. It should be said that the MEChA organization is not one of separatist ideologies, the official documents were written in a time when blatent hostility ran rampant across the southwest toward people of Mexican descent. It should also be said that in the ’70’s, the original Chicano House fell victim to arson. Should any one of the people posting these hateful comments actually take some time to hang out with those in the MEChA and Chicano organizations would only realize the effort in community that these people are trying to instill on campus. We easily forget how vulnerable our institutions are and the fact that our freedoms are hinged on the availability of education to those who are generally not afforded the opportunity. Plain and simple, first they come for them, then they close in on you. This is not a question of what kind of organization or who’s in it, it’s a question of why are students being observed, especially one that is largely representative of the population in the city in which it is located?

Whoop Whhhoooop here come the police.
        Whoop Whhhhoppp the sound of the beast!

• Armando

The funny thing is that hundreds of students passby the lawn everyday and nobody saw the so-called harrassment by the LAPD except bunch of racists. So the scam artists from Chicano Studies have better eye sight???

• Bobby ‘N Armando

You were squeezing my hand super hard, Armani. Member? At least *I* might have been distracted. And you were saying look at the cute older guys in jeens looking at the rasist Mexicans! Member? Mani? Member???

<3 Bobby

xoxoxoxo

• Dr. Stevens

James, you’re correct. Why is CSUN putting up with these degenerates? Why are they allowed to preach the hate that they do? Why are the powers that be allowing these individuals to remain on campus and in some cases employed by the school? Why is a racist bunch like this permitted to act this inappropriately? Why are the good LAPD police officers being the scapegoats for the inability of the CSUN PD or LAPD brass to earn their money and stand up to these racists? Why is the LAPD not defending their officers, who appear be 100% in the right? Even with the slanted column here, the facts support the officers. This doesn’t take a rocket scientist, which I happen to be, to figure out. I am, just shocked and amazed that the reporter even had the ordacity to put this into a column with out clearly doing his due diligence. I guess, mediocrity is rewarded these days. Why is anyone with a pulse giving these morons, MEChA, a podium to speak their drivel? Please let them fade back into obscurity with the rest of the hate based racist groups out there.
    Thank you to the working men and women of the LAPD. Your management might not appreciate you, or speak up for you, but we citizens do and will. If you read this, please post on here so we know that you’re being supported. If you’re not, we’ll write letters to your Chief and the City Counsel about this hate group and come voting time we’ll let our voice be heard even louder if these people are not rooted out.

• Sam

You are a fraud, you are not a doctor. I am contacting my lawyers.

• Mark Joslin

“Dr.” Stevens,

Are you affiliated with CSUN? Regardless, no one has condemned the entire LAPD force. Without access to their plan for their presence on our campus, it’s nearly impossible to determine who was “100% in the right.” The focus of this event were those participating in this incident. It would be ideal if the reporter had access to these officers, but they left when campus officers arrived, as reported, so she didn’t have that opportunity. I’m unaware if contact with the LAPD was attempted by the Sundial, however CSUN Police openly provided some answers. They also, however, appeared concerned enough to reconsider boundaries for behavior allowed while conducting future exercises. “’If this group were to call again, we would have a more lengthy conversation about who, what and where now,’ said [CSUN Police Captain] VanScoy. ‘We put some measures in place to prevent this from happening again (Daily Sundial).’”

Since you clearly are in support of LAPD, would you object to your own workplace or meeting place being disrupted, photographed, and bullied by its officers in the same manner MeCha members were treated? Before the race trolls overtook this thread, that was the focus. People simply objected to this behavior, but the onslaught of unfounded racist rhetoric overtook any meaningful discussion here.

I appreciate the LAPD and count many in law enforcement as friends. My own father was involved in law enforcement, both in the military and in his post civilian life following WWII and Korea. However, that doesn’t require a 100% approving, “with me or against me” logical approach to the entire law enforcement population on my part. Every social group contains “bad apples.” I know they don’t reflect the entire group, however.

I believe to my core that legitimate objection is a valuable freedom in this land, and this liberty is an important component to what has made America successful. Freedom of Speech is also certainly as critical, since the two are so intertwined. Sadly, it’s ironic that those who think they can scream louder possess more truths. The intolerance demonstrated here seems only intent on smothering the voice of MeCha and Chicana/o Studies. That’s unacceptable. That’s unAmerican. I make no apologies standing up to lies against people whom I know personally and for whom I care, and I will continue to do so, hopefully in a more civilized forum. I’m not holding my breath, however. Experience has taught me that many extremists appear incapable of restraining emotions, often resorting to vulgar, personal attack when confronted with facts or challenged to provide specific proof.

If you are indeed a Doctorate, perhaps you can lend some reason to this “discussion.” Cooler heads should make an effort to prevail while avoiding the antagonistic, slurring charges. And for those incapable of writing anything else, please provide legitimate, sourced data to back these claims up. Take your claims beyond generalized, hateful, childish accusation. Hate begets hate, and people have a right to defend themselves when attacked. How we choose to defend ourselves separates the reasonable from the unreasonable. There’s no valid reason to “go there,” especially in an academic environment.

As far as a podium being given to speak “drivel,” that’s a fundamental right, sir. You must choose whether or not you’ll listen with an open mind or fall back into a sewage of preconceived, ugly stereotype and prejudice. That’s your choice, and such belief, for better or worse, is protected, too.

The closer we get to the truth, the better off we’ll all be. I think that should be the goal of this topic. I’d fully support a public forum, including those who have posted comments here, representatives from the LAPD, MeCha, and faculty from Chicana/o Studies to discuss this incident and racial issues in general. The challenge there, of course, is publicly backing up one’s claims. I’ve never hid who I am, and for such a choice, I became targeted by those with little to say and/or lacking the ability to remain focused on the topic at hand. (Those suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder have my sympathies.) I have a thick skin, however, and I’m secure in my viewpoints and in my employment situation, despite what some claim mistakenly claim. For those seeking to “oust” me as a “fraud,” I welcome the challenge. And, I’ll exercise my right to look my accusers in the eye. This begs a question…have you the courage to look back?

Respectfully,

Mark Joslin
      Lecturer, Chicana/o Studies Dept.

• legaldude

The reason they LAPD wouldn’t follow sororities is because they don’t commit hate crimes. Anyone remember when MECHA firebombed the Jewish Fraternity House?

• James

Yes, I agree. I think it’s clear to all that are walking upright, that the LAPD took the high road here.

MEChA are a bunch of disgusting racists! MEChA should be band from the campus! What is the CSUN faculty doing about these racist people, MEChA Dr. Jorge Garcia, MEChA President Abraham Ramirez, community liason Falecia Rivera, Jesus Flores, Jake Prendez, Gabriel Gutierrez, Rudy Acuna, Urban Studies professor Dr. Teresa Vasquez? They all need to be banned from the campus, ASAP!

• James

Any follow up information yet on this issue? I was told by some faculty members that the lapd officers were unfairly treated and thrown under the bus by the chief of csun campus police. It didn’t suprise me, she is weak and unwilling to call MeCHa what thery are, which is a racist, sepratist orginazation. If the Chief is unwilling to do her job, then we need to get someone in her place that can. I say let the lapd take over the csun police department, at least they will stand up for us students and not bend over for some racist bunch of thugs. A callow position of the csun chief certianly appears to the the case in this article. Shame on you chief.

• solution

i say both sides should show up in the parking lot after school and take care of things the old fashioned way. last person standing wins, and the issue is squashed.

• Sam

I take issue with your use of the term “illegal aliens.” There is no such thing as “illegal” human beings. They are people, not aliens.

And guess what??? “Undocumented workers” had NOTHING to do with America’s economic COLLAPSE.

• Xican89

I agree with Sam that they should not be called “illegal aliens”, they should be called “undocumented Democrats” instead!
      Long live with the Mexican government! Thanks to the Democratic Party for helping us to become citizens so we can take over the US and A soon! Viva Mexico!!!

• Crvzito Herrera Crvz

CSUN MEChA members claim harassment by undercover LAPD officers- written by Ms. Donnella Collison and Published on October 02, 2009 in Daily Sundial.

Thank you, muchas gracias, tlazocamatli for illuminating this incident on the CSUN campus and the organizational chapter of M.E.Ch.A.. This is totally not acceptable in an educational environment and civil rights violations have been committed by this “police training team” and organizational meeting rules under the BROWN ACT have been breached and broken by this police training unit.

“There is VIOLATION of BROWN ACT and State Law of M.E.Ch.A. meeting autonomy for the intentional police training and racial targeting of Chicana/o organization, thus a civil suit against there illegal violations committed by “police observation team” needs to be sought to uncover the audio recordings archived, the photographs taken of Professors and Students, and all written communication about the training and the NAMES, Rank, and military training that was order and designated intentionally to interrupt a formal and first meeting of the chapter of C.S.U.N. de M.E.Ch.A.. I AM DOWN to HELP push something against police who interrupt M.E.Ch.A. meetings. Can not be pushed around and let’s do the pushing legally to uncover their civil rights violations and brown act violations… cruzito

• Brittancus

With unemployment at a 26 year high, the New York Times has revealed that immigration authorities at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services have undertaken preparations for issuing visas to 11-18 millions (?) My guess over 20 million + illegal aliens who would be granted–BLANKET AMNESTY–if Congress is–able–to pass immigration reform legislation. Now is the time to remind your Senators and Representatives at 202-224-3121, that we demand they do NOT enroll on to this ill conceived abomination. Into our country at least a million law abiding newcomers come annually, clutching their entry visas; many waiting for years for a chance at the American dream. But the thrall of lobotomized Democrats are in for a hard lesson, including some Republican business enthusiasts, who think it’s–going to be a simple solution approving this financial calamity.

This illegal alien mess has been methodically created by both parties for decades. But monumental amounts of the US population do not agree with this outcome. LaRaza, a radical anti-Sovereignty organization, will transform the US into a third world dumping ground yet?

All we need is mandatory E-Verify to remove from every honest business, workers who came here illegally; those who don’t will suffer severe penalties. This is a murky back-door way for hard-line Liberal Democrats to sneak past all verification measures, which would approve a path to citizenship for lawbreakers thus giving them access to–YOUR–health care? All Americans GOOGLE–NUMBERSUSA, to uncover the deceitful way they plan to cheat all legal workers and citizens? America is already on the road to irreversible OVERPOPULATION. Do all the people out their who are suffering from a compassion syndrome, believe–ALL–Americans want to pay even higher taxes to support corporate welfare, for the millions they have already hired? I don’t think so?

This is one of the cloaked agendas of The Council of Foreign Relations to intensify the unfettered inflow of destitute peoples into North America. We already spend more money across the globe, than anyone else? Yet the United Nations is never satisfied. We already have a negative-dollar free trade treaty, which has seen the disappearance of our manufacturing industries. To me Globalism and internationalism are dirty words, and when Americans open their eyes it might be too late? Our country is being emasculated by the illegal immigration and the financial support poured out by unaware taxpayers. America is like the Greek god “Atlas” supporting the world and its issues? That is exactly what we are doing–SUPPORTING THE WORLD? For the record 15 Democrats are already discussing your fate, as they strife to undermine immigration enforcement amendment.

1. To permanently reauthorize E-Verify? 2. To complete the 700 miles of border fencing? 3. To continue and not rescind the No-match-letter program, that HS Napolitano has closed down. 4. Grassley’s amendment to allow all businesses that use E-Verify to run all of their current employees through the E-Verify system. Go see who the traitors are to our protection of the border at NUMBERSUSA.

Do you know what the state of our highways or underground utilities? Each state has 30 year underground causeways of irreparable water and sewage pipes that our government has ignored. Again I say watch “The Crumbling of America” on the History channel. Each year our bridges and dams are deteriorating, so they do hasty repairs, but many are seeing deployable erosion that cannot be fixed, because the state has not enough money? Yet the Democrats want to cause an avalanche of impoverished people, who will want to bring in even more family members. Who’s going to recompense for them? Then even more will break through the fence, enter as a tourist or slip into America via the Caribbean? The onslaught will never end and our reservoir of cash is finally exhausted.

I have a hard time paying my taxes, without paying more for the impecunious, uneducated who slip into our sovereign country bring the criminals, the handicapped and elderly immigrants. Who pays for my family and kids, the house payment, health care and car? NOT THE BLOODY TRAITORS IN WASHINGTON ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE WHO KEEP PILING ON HIDDEN TAXES TO SUBSIDIZE ILLEGAL FOREIGNERS AND FAMILIES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. I’LL EVEN GO FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SKILLED JOBS AND SOMETHING TO OFFER, BUT NOT FOR JUST ANYBODY WHO TAXPAYERS HAVE TO SUPPORT? Learn more about corruption at JUDICIAL WATCH. Learn about POPULATION GROWTH at CAPSWEB.

• Why’d you change the title?

Why’d you change the title?

I liked the “LAPD is on our campus” better.

It fitted the whole article: exaggerating the truth, spreading lies, and trying to scare people.

• Joseph

excellent article. glad it got published! important story!

i think it’s clear white racism in this country isn’t even close to being dead.

The police (at least the racial profiler / harassers / racists) are just a gang with badges and uniforms

• Rose

yes, i agree

• Xican8

Who are you calling illegal aliens on Indigenous land Pilgrim?

I say we all go back to where we came from originally.

Let’s start with sending these devils back to hell!

PEACE