Oscars attendees dress to impress

(Jay L. Clendenin/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

The stars looked elegant as they walked down the red carpet and made their way inside the Dolby Theater for the 88th Academy Awards. Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic hosted the red carpet arrivals on the E! network. Seacrest wore a charcoal grey and black suit paired with a black bowtie. Rancic wore a white gown with a small train accented with flowers in the front and back.

The women stole the show with their incredible gowns and jewelry. Kate Winslet, Jennifer Lawrence and Rachel McAdams stunned in their dark colored dresses. Nominee for best supporting actress, Winslet wore a glossy black strapless dress. Her blonde hair was down in loose curls and she accessorized with dangling earrings.

Nominee for best actress Lawrence wore a black lacey dress with ruffles that accented the dress on the bottom. Her hair was straight and simple, but it went with the dress well.

Jennifer Lawrence arrives at the 88th Academy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 28, 2016, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. (Jay L. Clendenin/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

McAdams wasn’t afraid to show some skin in her emerald-colored gown. The beautiful dress was simple and sophisticated with a slit going up the right side of her dress.

Winner for best actress Brie Larson and nominee Lady Gaga also looked beautiful on the carpet. Larson wore a long and flowy dark blue dress with a silver belt around her waist. Her hair was down and slicked back with a touch of pink on her lips. Gaga looked classy in a white colored dress pant suit. Her hair was down and beautifully curled and she wore dangling diamond earrings.

Eddie Redmayne arrives at the 88th Academy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 28, 2016, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. (Mark Boster/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

The men looked dapper in their dark colored tuxes. Winner for best actor Leonardo DiCaprio looked handsome in his black suit as he strolled down the red carpet with fellow nominee Kate Winslet.

Nominee Eddie Redmayne cleaned up nicely in his black tux accompanied by his wife.

Jared Leto, Michael Strahan and Orlando Jones took their outfits for the evening in a different direction. Leto wore a black tux with red lining. He rocked a red flower instead of wearing a bow tie. Strahan wore a dark blue colored suit with glossy black shoes. Jones went down the carpet in black pants and a printed leaf jacket.

The Academy Awards took place at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood at 5:30 p.m.