Letter to the editor

Dear Editor,

Reading the article about the evangelical Christian protest at the library greatly saddened me. These people, while decrying the loss of the true Christian faith, have ignored and broken the one command that we as Christian’s are supposed to follow, simply “Love Thy Neighbor.”

Whether or not homosexuality is a sin, which is certainly debatable given the fact that the main thrust of the argument comes from a throwaway passage in a book of the bible that modern theologians consider at best iffy.

It doesn’t matter because we both literally and figuratively don’t have the right to judge, “Do not judge, so that you not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged and the measure you give will be the measure you get back.” Mat 7.1 “6:41 Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Luk 6:42 Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Friend, let me take out the speck in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.”.

It is our duty as Christians to be representatives of God’s love and compassion, not his judgment and wrath. I take my duty seriously, I just wish these “Christians” would do the same.

Bryce Wilson