How Exercise Helps Me

Lisa Anastassiu – stock.adobe.co
Image courtesy of Adobe Stock by Lisa Anastassiu.

Exercise benefits me in many ways and makes me feel better about myself. I’ve been working out consistently for two years now and I’ve noticed a big difference.

For one, working out reduces stress and calms the brain down. According to Harvard Health, “Exercise reduces stress hormones and stimulates production of endorphins, which together help foster relaxation.”

My routine consists of going to the gym three times a week. I particularly like to do cardio. I walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes at an incline of one. I find this to work best because I am able to keep a good pace.

Other times I like to go on walks or hikes with friends. The most recent hike I went on was the Santa Rosa Valley Park hike in Camarillo and it was very tiring because the mountain was very steep.

Nevertheless, I feel more energized and more productive on the days I work out. It boosts my overall mood and puts me in a better headspace. On the other hand, I feel fatigued and lazy when I don’t. Although it’s okay to let your body rest, I prefer to work out instead.

Furthermore, working out allows me to stay in shape. I used to struggle with binge eating, which affected my overall health. Working out has been the best avenue to not only improve my physical health but also my mental health.

I think everyone should include some sort of exercise into their life. It can be as easy as going on a walk or even parking farther than you normally would or taking the stairs. You can gradually start to work out until you are able to do more intense workouts.