LOADING

Type to search

Opinions

Letter to the Editor

Share

I am a concerned student at CSUN.

On Monday, Tareq Seikaly used the United Nations Human Rights Commission to make his point that Israel is committing humans rights abuses in Gaza. The UN Human Rights Commission is an incredibly biased source against Israel. I’m not saying that the author doesn’t have some truth in his article; I am saying that the overall agenda of the article is to attack Israel by making Israelis look like Nazi’s who commit crimes against humanity. The problem is that the information is not presented in an objective, transparent, and credible way. And, on top of that it is very disrespectful, biased, and negative.  This is very disrespectful to all the Israeli students who come to CSUN.

The Sundial is supposed to be informative about the world and give us reasons for why things should and shouldn’t be. We should be challenged to use our ability to reason and not use our feelings about a situation.

––Micah Vetter
Business management major and graduating senior

Tags:

3 Comments

1. S. Crisp Feb 23, 2012

pro-Israel content in the Sundial only comes from letters to the editor… it’s been that way for decades.

2. Anonymous Feb 22, 2012

It was an opinion piece. I’m quite doubtful it could have been by definition truly objective. If you really disagreed with it you could always ask permission to write a response. For example I disliked Ankur Patel’s Smash Capitalism article (
    http://sundial.csun.edu/2011/11/smash-capitalism/) and so I wrote a counter (
    http://sundial.csun.edu/2011/11/letter-to-the-editor-what-is-the-free-market/). That said, you can also critic the writing style or whether the facts presented were correct. I’m really unsure about arguing for objectivity in an opinion piece though. 

3. Jon Soto 952 Feb 22, 2012

The reason there will never be peace in Israel is two fold: idiots like Mr. Seikaly and terrorists like Hamas. This whole mess started when certain persons in the middle east listened to the Nazi propaganda and blood libels against the Jews. Those persons then started all the Islamofacist Terrorist groups. So in essence, Islamist groups are Muslim Nazis who took Nazi race ideals and applied them to Islam and the enemies there of.