The following stories will be covered tonight on KCSN:
- A Blue Ribbon commission is recommending a renewed emphasis on the humanities and social sciences in education.
- USC’s teacher training college is providing 25,000 alumni educators with access to a phone hotline and e-mail to solicit advice on improving instruction.
- The United States Postal Service has defaulted on billions of dollars in payments into a health care fund for future retirees.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are making the Earth’s oceans more acidic, which threatens ecosystems.
- Hillary Clinton and Secretary of State John Kerry say women in Afghanistan can play a central role in promoting peace and security.
To listen to these stories, be sure to tune in to KCSN tonight at 6 p.m.