Women’s Volleyball: Matadors finish Nike Invitational with another sweep

The Matadors (7-2) will be returning to California with a win-loss ratio of 2-1 after sweeping Arkansas-Little Rock in their final match of the Nike Invitational this morning.

The Matadors dominated in their match against the UALR Trojans, ending each set with significant leads.

Casey Hinger started off the opening set with a kill that would end up being the first of her team-high 13. The Matadors would end up going point for point in the first set until Cieana Stinson’s kill, which brought them a13-12 lead and continued to increase until the set’s end.

An error by the opponent, a Sam Kaul/Natalie Allen co-block and an ace from Danetta Boykins gave the Matadors a victorious 25-17 close to set one.

The second and third sets had the same feel as the first with each player getting their chance to add points to the scoreboard.

Most of the second set played out with the Matadors keeping a 10 point lead. The lead was pulled in slightly toward the end due to some attack errors by the Matadors, but that was not enough to keep them from getting a 25-19 lead.

After the first two sets, the Matadors sailed through the third with a 25-19 win.

Hinger finished the 3-0 game with a .857 hitting percentage to go along with her 13 kills, three blocks and two digs. Boykin hit a .462 with eight kills and two aces while Stinson contributed seven kills and hit a .333.

Steffi Miller put up 27 assists, two blocks and two digs while Kelcie Randazzo had a match-high of 15 digs.

The Matadors hit a season-high during this game with a .306, according to Go Matadors.

The Matadors’ next stop will be to San Diego for the USD Invitational on Thursday.