Xtreme Weekly Issue 14: Cyril Jackson Brings the Heat

Skate:

Cyril Jackson’s “Notorious Cryil Killa” part just dropped this week and it’s been the talk of Twitter and the Thrasher comment board. This part is absolutely insane, and Cyril has one of the cleanest varial kickflips in skateboarding. This video is banger clip after banger clip. I kept watching clips and wondering how it was not the closer clip, then the actual closer clip came and then I understood. Cyril does it all, big gaps, rails, ledges, stairs and he shows everyone how it supposed to be done. Shout out to Cyril and watch the video on Thrasher’s website.

In other skate news, the Vans “Propeller” video was just released and you can buy it on iTunes right now. The long awaited video has everyone talking and I’ve heard nothing but good reviews. Vans actually did a tour to premier the video and it started here in Los Angeles. On the 23rd, the Orpheum Theater held the first stop of the tour and skaters from all over filled the sold out theater for the premier. I can’t wait to check it out. $11.99 is a bit pricey in the world of free skate videos, but I’m sure the video is worth every cent.

BMX:

Madera BMX just posted their “#MAKEITFRESH” mixtape and it is killer. The video is in celebration of their new website and the new direction they are taking. The Madera team has been working of this project since the beginning of the year so a good amount of time was spent on this web video. The team, Mike Hinkens, Dan Kruk, Damian Racut, Jeff Dowhen, Erik Elstran, Josh Eilken and Tom Villarreal all have their own styles and it’s cool to see all of that come together. Dan Kurk does some of the craziest peg chinks I’ve ever seen and Tom Villarreal always has killer clips in Los Angeles. Be sure to head to Madera’s new site and see what they have going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLgvL-c0MsaoDEJ1ZieL4IT55Uw1ZCFsrk&t=663&v=m0hN2mjvDQM

MarkIt Denim Company released a “Friends Section” today and it is insane. The original Markit Zero video which came out late in 2013 was one of the best videos of the year and it had some of the craziest clips of the year. Well this video is pretty much just as good, even though its only six minutes long (which is actually pretty long for a friends section) the video is stacked with pro riders and big moves. Some of the riders include Brian Kachinsky, Nathan William, Garret Reynolds, Simone Barraco, and Chris Doyle just to name a few. Ben Wallace does one of the cleanest wallride to look-backs ever. Hands down you have to watch this video. It’s one of those video that after watch your wondering why your sitting in front of a computer screen instead of riding your bike.

https://vimeo.com/126880472

Snowboarding: Transworld Snowboarding has a section called Trick-Tip-Tuesday and this week Ben Ferguson is teaching us how to frontside air out of a halfpipe. Ferguson is at the Woodward in Copper Mountain Colorado and he does a huge frontside air for the video. I don’t want to take away any shine from Transworld or Ferguson, so check out the video here.

Surf: Torrey Meister’s full part from the new release of Mecca 2 has been released and it’s sick. Dude does big airs and ride big waves. Great style and flow from a great rider, Meister rides some swells to be jealous of. Check out the video on Transworld Surf.

The surf forecast is looking better this week compared to last week. For Ventura, the swell is going to be pretty decent today and today is actually the best day of the week to get out there according to Surfline. The swell should be about five to seven feet and should stay that way up through 5 or 6 p.m. As for the Santa Monica surf, I can’t say the same. The current tide at 12:30pm is roughly three feet and probably won’t get any better today. It may be worth your while to take the trip to Ventura or check out the surf elsewhere.