Crime blotter for the week of September 7 to September 11

Monday, September 7: There were no crimes reported on this day.

Tuesday, September 8:

CSUN officers arrested a person suspected of driving under the influence. The incident occurred on Reseda Boulevard and Plummer Street at 2:30 a.m.

A string of burglaries in Redwood Hall left two lockers broken into and two women’s belongings missing. According to the CSUN crime log archive, both incidents occurred in the women’s locker room. The burglar(s) first cut the lock off of a locker at approximately 9 a.m. and stole the contents of the locker. The second incident took place between noon and 1:30 p.m. The lock was also cut off the locker and a backpack was taken. Both incidents are still under investigation.

Three bicycles were also stolen from the outside of multiple buildings on Tuesday. The first bicycle was stolen from a bike rack outside of Nordhoff Hall between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The second incident occurred near the University Student Union between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The third theft occurred outside of the Valley Performing Arts Center between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. All of the bicycles were secured to bike racks at the time of the thefts, according to the CSUN crime log archive. All of the incidents are still under investigation.

A CSUN parking permit was stolen out of a students car in parking lot B4. The suspect stole the permit by reaching through a partially opened window, according to the CSUN crime log archive.

Two tires were slashed on a vehicle in parking structure B3 on Tuesday night. The incident occurred between the hours of 6:50 p.m. and 9 p.m. and left the car with both right-hand side tires slashed, according to the crime log archive.

A driver was stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving on a suspended license on Tuesday afternoon. Around 4:30 p.m., officers stopped and later arrested the driver.

Wednesday, September 9:

A customer at the University Student Union was arrested after attempting to purchase coffee with counterfeit money. The suspect was found to be in possession of narcotic paraphernalia, according to the crime log archive. The suspect was booked and later released from the CSUN police lockup.

An unknown suspect, broke into a recycling bin near the Student Recreation Center and stole cans and bottles; between the hours of 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., according to the CSUN crime log. The investigation is being continued.

A driver was arrested after being stopped for a traffic violation and found to have no valid driver’s license. According to the crime log archive, the incident occurred on Plummer Street and Reseda Boulevard at 5:04 p.m.

CSUN officers cited and arrested two people for the misuse of DMV disabled placards, according to the crime log archive. The first arrest occurred at 6:21 p.m. The second arrest happened at 9:45 p.m. Both incidents occurred in the B3 parking structure.

A hit-and-run traffic collision left a vehicles bumper damaged on Wednesday morning. The crash occurred between the hours of 8:45 a.m. and 10:40 p.m. in parking structure G3. The incident is still under investigation.

A bicycle was stolen off of a bike rack in front of Manzanita Hall between the hours of 6:55 p.m. and 9:55 p.m. The bicycle was secured to the rack with a cable lock, according to the crime log archive.

Thursday, September 10:

A suspect was arrested for driving without a valid drivers license. The suspect was initially stopped for a traffic violation on Nordhoff Street around 10:50 a.m. and found to be driving on a suspended driver license, according to the crime log archive. The suspect was cited and released on the scene.

A false alarm occurred in the University Park Apartments after a fire alarm was pulled around 11:50 a.m. According to the crime log archive, it is unclear who pulled the alarm. The investigation is continuing.

Friday, September 11:

A fight broke out in parking lot F8 early Friday morning. According to the campus crime log, the incident occurred between 1:26 a.m. and 2:15 a.m when an unknown suspect or suspects confronted the victim and started punching him. The investigation is ongoing.