The Sundial

  • October 23CORONAVIRUS DAILY UPDATE: 2,773 new cases, 23 dead in L.A. County

Faulty fire alarm triggers student evacuation of Oviatt Library

The Oviatt Library was evacuated briefly Monday afternoon following a fire alarm. Students returned shotly after it was determined the building was clear. David Hawkins / The Sundial

Mateo Melero

November 17, 2014

A dirty smoke detector inside the Oviatt Library caused the evacuation of nearly 3,500 students Monday afternoon, CSUN officials said. A smoke alarm inside Oviatt room 457 went off around 3:15 p.m. and officials removed all occupants within three to five minutes to a safe distance from the ...

The student media organization of California State University Northridge
evacuation