Crime blotter for April 11 to April 17

Logo of Crime Blotter

Monday, April 11

• Two students were referred for a drug-law violation in the F10 parking lot.
  • An unknown suspect crashed into a parked car in the B3 Parking Structure and left the scene without reporting the accident.
  • A camera was stolen from a residence in the UPA around 4:30 p.m.

Tuesday, April 12

• One student was referred for an alcohol-law violation at the Oviatt Library.
  • An unknown suspect stole money out of a purse that was left unattended in a practice room in Cypress Hall.
  • An unknown suspect crashed their vehicle into a parked car in the F9 Parking Structure.

Wednesday, April 13

• A black marker was used to write graffiti in a men’s restroom in Bayramian Hall.
  • An unknown suspect has been harassing a victim by calling multiple times a day.
  • Six unknown suspects assaulted a victim with a glass bottle around the UPAs. The group was last seen running southbound on Zelzah Ave.
  • An unknown suspect assaulted the victim after they left the Satellite Student Union building.

Thursday, April 14

• An unknown suspect used red spray paint to write graffiti on a trash can on Zelzah and Plummer.
  • The front tire of a bicycle was stolen outside of a UPA complex.
  • The victim was raped by a known suspect March 5 near the UPA, according to the crime log. The assault was reported April 14 and the investigation in ongoing.

Friday, April 15

• Officers responded to a smoke alarm activation in the UPAs. The officers found that a smoke detector had been tampered with.
  • A driver was pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign, officers arrested the suspect for driving with a suspended license and was later released with a notice to appear.

Saturday, April 16

• Officers responded to a noise complaint regarding a party at the UPAs. After clearing the area, they discovered that the smoke detector had been tampered with. Two students were referred for drug-law violations as a result.
  • A bicycle was stolen by an unknown suspect outside of the UPA Mercado. The bicycle had been secured with a U-lock.

Sunday, April 17

• Officers arrested a suspect for attempting to steal a bicycle and possession of marijuana around Jacaranda Hall. The suspect was transported to the CSUN station for booking.