Film Review “Captain America: Civil War”

null
Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War..L to R: Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen), Captain America/Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), and Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan)..Photo Credit: Film Frame..© Marvel 2016

Once again, Marvel created a movie that satisfies fans expectations while throwing in new edge to their third Captain America movie, Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War is a must-see action movie that all ages can enjoy.

Although it’s not an Avenger’s movie, the many characters in the film give it that impression, since the well-known superhero’s participate in the feud between Iron Man /Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Captain America/Steve Rogers (Chris Evans).

Every new addition to the story was greeted with applause from the audience, such as when new characters to the story appeared on the screen, Black Panther/T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), Spider-Man/Peter Parker (Tom Holland) and Ant-Man/Scott Lang (Paul Rudd).

The film’s feud revolves around Captain America saving his best friend James “Bucky” Buchanan (Sebastian Stan) who everyone believes committed a crime.

In past Marvel films, the Avengers haven’t been accountable for their actions, which is why in the new film, the government wants to regulate everything they do that involves saving humanity.

In the movie, this decision came after a disaster in Lagos, where the numbers of innocent lives were added from previous events. This incident was the breaking point that convinced the United Nations to create the Sokovia Accords to put a stop to the Avengers actions.

Sharon Carter/Agent 13 (Emily Vancamp) guides Captain America with confidential CIA documents that put her job at stake, because the government wants him for helping Bucky.

However, there’s an unexpected twist that revolves around Iron Man, Captain America and Bucky.

The villain of the story seeks revenge from the two people he feels are more responsible for the damage they caused him.

Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl) plays the villain, that creates a bigger rift between Captain America and Iron Man by revealing a tragic past that questions their friendship and actions.

Other characters chose sides according to what they thought was right, which is where Rogers and Stark made their team of allies.

Characters such as Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) agreed Iron Man had a point to sign the document for the better of the people. However, Captain America was not going to stop believing he had positive intentions for his actions, which is why he refused to sign.

Scarlett Witch/Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen), Falcon/Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie), Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), Ant-Man join in on the fight with Captain America against Iron Man, Black Widow, Vision (Paul Bettany), War Machine/James Rhodes (Don Cheadle), Spider-Man, Black Panther.

Nineteen-year-old, Holland made his debut as Spider-Man in this film, where the audience looked invested in his character as they laughed at his funny personality.

Boseman also made his grand entrance as the Black Panther showing the audience he was meant for this role as they rooted for him.

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo did an impeccable job of delivering action-packed fight scenes, and their strong guidance into the third Marvel film they have directed. The film was written by the duo Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, which had a large impact with this being their third Captain America film they have written and making the audience feel comfortable having the storyline stay true to the sequel of the movie.

Captain America: Civil War is currently in theaters with a running time of 146 minutes.