CSUN COVID-19 Counts: Update as of Oct. 29

Students line up to get COVID-19 test on CSUN’s campus in Northridge, Calif., on Sept. 29, 2021.

Grace Da Rocha, Assistant News Editor

The total number of students who have tested positive for COVID-19 has increased from 279 to 288 within four days, according to the Matadors Forward website.

The number of positive COVID-19 cases recorded among CSUN students, employees and independent contractors as of Friday, Oct. 29, 2021. Data taken from the Matadors Forward website. (Carolyn Burt)

While there are no new COVID-19 cases from CSUN employees or independent contractors, nine more students have tested positive since the Matadors Forward website was last updated on Oct. 29. Those who were possibly exposed to any of these new cases have been notified. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, there is currently no outbreak of the virus at CSUN.

Of the almost 20,000 CSUN students that are enrolled in on-campus courses, 92% have self-reported that they are fully vaccinated with the two initial COVID-19 vaccination shots. 97.5% of employees attested to being fully vaccinated, regardless of whether or not they are working on campus. There are only 406 students out of the entire CSUN population that declared themselves as partially vaccinated, according to the CSUN Director of Media Relations Carmen Ramos Chandler.

More than 40,000 students are enrolled at CSUN this semester. Roughly 78% of the student population either reported their vaccination status as fully vaccinated, or obtained an exemption for medical or religious reasons.