Informational job meetings for Student Recreation Center in Grand Salon

Informational job meetings will be held at the new Student Recreation Center (SRC), and will take place at the Grand Salon, University Student Union, on Thursday, September 29 at 12:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.

About eight professional staff members from the SRC and two grad students will speak to atendees, said Matt Eickhoff, program coordinator/training and development for the USU.

USU received a large amount of applications for the SRC, opening January 2012.

“For a typical USU position, on average we were getting anything from 50 to 80 applications,” Eickoff said. “What we were usually seeing was that many would just put SRC for the job position but not a particular job at the SRC.”

The SRC will have about 155 positions, 30 will transfer from the current fitness center and the rest will be new hires.

Lifeguards, fitness assistants, and wellness trainers are among the openings.

The event “will allow (applicants) to determine what they will want,” said Eickhoff. “It’s highly recommended to come in and be best prepared.”

New jobs will be posted on the SRC website in time for the meetings.

“We’re looking for students who are just excited as we are about the new center opening up,” said Eickhoff.

There will also be a Q&A portion of the meetings for students who want more information about the jobs.

Students will also learn about the job fair that will be occurring Oct. 19 and 20 and will find out what the hiring process will be like.

Eickoff recommended students continue to check  the SRC website for new information about available positions that will be available.