USU hosts 10th annual student showcase at Northridge Center

Diontay Odom (center) with his team called the “committed feet”, who are entered into the student showcase this Thursday, October 20. Photo Credit: Anthony Circhirillo / Daily Sundial
Diontay Odom (center) with his team called the "committed feet", who are entered into the student showcase this Thursday, October 20. Photo Credit: Anthony Circhirillo / Daily Sundial

CSUN students will get a chance to show off their talents in the USU’s 10th annual student showcase Thursday at the Northridge Center.

“If you want to have fun on campus, there’s no better place than here at the USU,” said Kevin Castech, talent show organizer.“See your friends and fellow students up on stage showing their talents, and it is definitely a way to see exactly what CSUN is all about.”

Applications were submitted online, and auditions were held last week. Performances will occur in front of a live audience and a panel of judges.

Comedian Ron G, who recently performed at CSUN in a comedy show featuring Pauly Shore, will host the event, and this year, it will have a  Havana theme, palm trees included.

Castech said he expects more than 800 people to turn out for the show. Three awards will be given out to the winners of the different events. Winner in the Best Poet category will win a Kindle, Best Dance will be awarded a Beats By Dre earbuds and the grand-prize winner will win a portfolio shoot.

Although the showcase is free, students must get tickets online or at the box office. Castech stressed promptness because space is limited and a packed house is expected.