King’s Burgers offers quality and convenience for CSUN students

Trisha Sprouse / Daily Sundial. The Hawaiian cheeseburger with a side of cajun fries is listed as a popular menu item at King's Burger in Northridge.

King’s Burgers doesn’t really stand out much. It’s one of the many eateries located on Reseda Boulevard near CSUN, and driving by King’s, you might think that it is just another burger place.

And on the outside, this may be true. But, on the inside – not so much.

King’s offers an East-meets-West menu, so to speak. From the West, you can order the classic burgers, fries, salad, tacos and sandwiches, while the Eastern side of the menu offers a wide variety of sushi.

Not only are there many options, but the price for each item is reasonable, and you get what you pay for.

Walking inside, you are greeted by a smiling face behind the counter and a menu with a wide variety of choices. It was almost a little intimidating trying to make a choice but the server was very nice. After placing my order, I filled my drink and chose a table to sit down.

The seating in the restaurant is a little dated, but is still in good condition. With that said, there is plenty of seating to choose from. There are tables for two, four, and a larger table for a group of up to eight.

In the seating area, there is a TV hanging from the ceiling to offer some visual entertainment while you wait for your food. In the background, there is low mood music playing – jazz, when I was there – that lends itself to a calm atmosphere.

Now onto the food.

I am not a big sushi fan. In fact, I do not really like it at all, so I chose to get the Hawaiian teriyaki burger with fries and a drink. I was pleasantly surprised with the Hawaiian burger. It was a normal cheeseburger, but had the wonderful additions of teriyaki sauce and sweet grilled pineapple slices.

The combination of the teriyaki sauce and pineapple slices transported your senses to Hawaii. Taking my first bite of the burger, I felt like I was back in Hawaii at the pineapple plantations, smelling the sweet fruit. Then I was hit with the slightly salty taste of teriyaki sauce which gave me an entirely different atmosphere. The burger itself was perfectly cooked and juicy. Needless to say, the entire burger was very messy, but worth it. This is definitely an “extra napkins required” burger. As for the french fries, they were crispy and not greasy or overcooked.

The food was delicious and worth every penny. The servers were attentive to their customers and constantly making sure the tables were stocked with napkins, ketchup, soy sauce, salt and pepper.

As far as parking goes, there was plenty of it. The parking lot starts when you pull into the drive on the side of the restaurant and continues around the back.

The only downside is that there is no CSUN discount. With King’s being so close to CSUN, you would think that they might offer some sort of discount, but the prices make up for it.