Polls, partisan politics and hot-button issues: A look at what’s online

For nonpartisan information on political candidates, voters can check out any of the following websites and blogs in no particular order:

Ratings/Voter Trends
FiveThirtyEight – This blog tracks voter approval ratings, electoral vote distributions and forecasts of polling data and economic statistics. Fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com

Pollster – This Huffington Post section reports polling numbers and shows voter trends like the approval of health care, foreign policy or the economy through charts and maps. This page also lists pieces written about election activity. Huffingtonpost.com/news/pollster

The Argo Journal – This blog directly links to videos of candidate’s debates, addresses, interviews, and appearances as well as outside commentaries. It also lists detailed polling numbers and percentages by demographic, age, race, etc. and tracks surveys of voters.
Argojournal.blogspot.com

Presidential Politics/Activities
Politico – Founded by ex-print journalists, this blog reports on activities of members of both parties, opinions of the voting public and all of the news around Washington, D.C. Politico.com

Presidential Power – This blog analyzes presidential politics with a month-by-month breakdown of all presidential activities. Live tweets of speeches and conventions can be found here. Blogs.middlebury.edu/presidentialpower

Bipartisan Policy Center – While the other blogs focus on nonpartisanship, this blog is centered on the policies of advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. BPC is focused on healthcare, energy, national and homeland security, transportation and the economy. Bipartisanpolicy.org

The Fix – Focusing on the Senate, Congressional and Presidential elections, this blog gives predictions and makes side-by-side candidate comparisons, like “The 2 party conventions in 2 minutes.”
Washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix

Hot Button Issues
Partisan Pass – Encouraging all views and thoughts, this blog breaks down issues into areas of campaigns, conspiracy theories, finance, foreign affairs, media, policy, politicians and rights, with month-by-month breakdowns of political activity. Partisanpass.com

RealClearPolitics – Part of other “Real Clear” blogs (science, religion, tech, energy, sports), Real Clear Politics is centered on the U.S. economy, analysis and commentary of the electoral activity, video highlights of candidates and in-depth polling numbers. Realclearpolitics.com

ThinkProgress – ThinkProgress is a project of the nonpartisan organization Center for American Progress Action Fund. This blog covers climate, economy, health, justice, LGBT and security, as well as in-depth coverage of both political parties during the elections. Thinkprogress.org