Job Fair will connect CSUN students to hundreds of potential employers

The Career Center will be hosting the fall Job Fair tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the USU, Northridge Center.

“We get a bunch of employers to come to CSUN who are all looking to hire either part time, full time or for internships,” said Hannah Pham, a student assistant at the Career Center and an events and employer relations team member.

The Fall Job Fair is an opportunity for CSUN students to meet more than 100 potential employers. They are able to turn in their resumes and have an interview with companies interested in hiring CSUN students.

“Many companies like the quality of CSUN students so they keep coming back every year,” Pham said.

The company representatives that will be present at the fair are the same people who will eventually decide who gets hired.

“It is also a great opportunity for students to work on confidence, self-marketing skills, and ability to approach employers,” Pham said.

Big name companies such as AT&T, Verizon, Geico, Target and Sears will be present at the fair.

“Every major you can think of will be covered,” Pham said. “Some jobs don’t even pertain to a major, so there will be something for everyone.”

The biggest benefit of the job fair is that employers are coming directly to CSUN students. According to Pham it saves the trouble of applying online and lets students meet the employers in person.

Students are required to dress professionally for the Job Fair. Pham also advises students to bring multiple copies of their resumes and to adhere to the dress code in order to make a positive first impression.

“Come out and tell your friends,” Pham said. “It is a great privilege to have big names come out and seek to hire CSUN students.”