LA Printmaking Society exhibit showcased at CSUN

Nearly 500 participants submitted prints for the Los Angeles Printmaking Society’s 21st National Exhibition at CSUN.  Chosen from a pool of 1,423 submissions from the 500 participants, only 56 prints were selected for the exclusive collection.  Artists from around the United States and Canada have their best work on display.

LAPS Exhibition Chair Poli Marichal believes CSUN has a thriving creative scene and is the ideal venue.  The works on display combine timeless techniques with a contemporary flavor.

The exclusive collection will be on display until Dec. 14 and is free to attend.  The exhibition will be closed Nov. 11, 28, 29 and 30.

CSUN art professor Michelle Rozic won 2 awards according to CSUN Art Galleries Office Manager and Exhibitions Coordinator Michelle Giacopuzzi.  She goes on to say that roughly 700 to 800 people have attended the exhibition so far.

The CSUN Art Gallery will host a panel discussion, “Printmaking in the 21st Century” on Nov. 9 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.  Panelists include Jack Rutberg, Ruth Weisberg and Tobey C. Moss.

Master printmaker John Greco and Camila Taylor of Josephine Press will host printmaking workshops in the CSUN Printmaking Studio.  Greco will be in the studio introducing monotype on Nov. 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Taylor will be leading a session on Nov. 10 from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.

Monotype is the process of applying ink on a smooth, non-absorbent surface.  The ink is then transferred to paper through a printing press.  Experienced and non-experienced participants are welcome to the hands-on workshops.

For more information, CSUN Art Galleries online or Los Angeles Printmaking Society.