Women’s Basketball: Ashlee Guay earns Big West Player of the Week

Senior guard Ashlee Guay awarded Big West Conference Womens Basketball Player of the Week for her stellar play.
Photo courtesy of GoMatadors.
Senior guard Ashlee Guay awarded Big West Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for her stellar play. Photo courtesy of GoMatadors.

CSUN senior guard Ashlee Guay earned the Big West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after leading the Matadors past California State University, Fullerton and University of California, Riverside last week.

Guay scored 15 points in CSUN’s win against Fullerton, which moved her past Ofa Tulikihihifo for what was then an all-time record of 1633 points. The guard stretched her record with a career high 33-points in a 88-70 win against Riverside.

She needs 27 points to become the 17th player in Big West history with 1,700 career points. Her 14 field goals were also a career-best, pushing her career total to 603, which is eighth in Big West history. Her current mark made her the third player in program history with 600 career field goals.

Guay ranks sixth in Big West history with 286 career steals, and is the fourth player in program history with 300 career field goals made.

The senior is averaging 15.7 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 4.6 assists a game. CSUN’s final regular season game will be on Thursday, Mar. 5 7 p.m. at the Matadome against California State University, Long Beach

Guay and her fellow seniors will look to continue their six-game winning streak and improve their (20-9, 10-5 Big West) record as they look to secure a second place seed in the Big West Tournament.