Weekly Calendar of Events (Sept. 6-12)

Tuesday, Sept. 6

Pride Center’s Rainbow Reception

The reception is to be held in Northridge Center at the University Student Union. Students can gather together in an inclusive environment to bring together CSUN’s LGBTQ students and faculty. Refreshments will be provided, and will begin at 5 p.m.

Tuesday-Wednesday, Sept. 6-7

Department of Political Science DC Internship Information Sessions 2 and 3

In preparation for the Spring semester, students can join their peers in a program meant to help students acquire an internship in the nation’s capitol. RSVP with professor Lawrence Becker of the department of political science to sit in and learn about how working, living and learning in Washington DC can help advance students’ careers. The Tuesday info session will be held in Sierra Hall 290 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the session on Wednesday will occur at 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 8

LGBTQ Coffee Nights

A weekly event at the USU’s Sol Center, students are welcome to have fun together with games, television, and snacks. The coffee nights will be from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 8

Les Anges du péché (Angels in the Streets)

This is a French film from 1943 about a young woman who decides to become a nun. It begins with a retrospective on director Robert Bresson held by the department of cinema and television arts. Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. with the film starting at 7 p.m. The showing is free and will be in Manzanita Hall room 100.