Matadors get in the Halloween Spirit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Matadors get in the Halloween Spirit

Communications major Erika Villalvazo dressed up as a sailor.

Communications major Erika Villalvazo dressed up as a sailor. "It was easy and I didn't have to spend money for it," she said. Photo credit: Alejandro Aranda

Evelyn Hernandez

Matadors arrived on campus dressed in various costumes to celebrate Halloween.

Some of the costumes ranged from classic Halloween icons to pop culture references, from witches to video game characters and even the shark from Katy Perry’s 2015 Superbowl half-time show.

Anthony Martinez also contributed to this article.

• Freshman, Computer Science major, Kevin Roxas dresses up as Harry Potter. "I've been a fan since I was a kid," he said. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Senior Tylar Denso dressed up for halloween because she loves it. She chose her costume because of the 10 year anniversary of Black Parade album. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Seniro Josh Azali dressed up as a frog becaue he found it in his closet. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Freshman Mikael Holgado dresses up as the left shark from Katy Perry's halftime performance in Super Bowl XLIX. Holgado did it because he thought it would be something funny to do. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Senior Kaitlyn Amodeo (left) dressed as Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. Public health major Danielle Co (right) dressed as Ash from Pokemon. "I had it together and he's so iconic so why not," Co said. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Junior Leslie Barajas dresses up as princess Leia. "It was extra credit for class, and my friend had the costume so I borrowed it," she said. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Associated Student staff Danisha Lawrence (left) and Daniela Cross (right) dress up for the Halloween contest. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Kelcey Henderson Junior dresses up as goofy. "I love Goofy, since I was a child we have similar personalities said Henderson as why she dressed up as Goofy. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)

• Creative Writing major Ismanuele Dones said he dressed up like this because he likes the show. (Alejandro Aranda/The Sundial)