Relax CSUN, everyone does it

In an effort to take our print product to the next level this semester, the editorial staff at the Daily Sundial has agreed to start a weekly column dedicated to everything and anything related to sex.

Why you may ask? Because sex is one of those subjects you can’t avoid even if you tried.

You see it in movies, hear it in songs, people make side jokes using “that’s what she said” towards comments that can be interpreted as sexual. And let’s not forget, we are located next to Chatsworth, the porn capital of the country.

The reason we decided to bring an open discussion about sex into the paper is because we felt there was a lack of discussion on this campus. Often times we are bombarded with misinformation about sex and thus continue the cycle while applying those myths to our daily sex lives.

This column hopes to bring about educated and interesting sex topics to the table in a safe and open space.

In my experience, talking about sex with my peers is the best way to be more informed so that we as adults can make better decisions when we choose to engage in any forms of sexual activities.

The topics that we will cover will range from orgies to abstinence, straight to gay sex, masturbation to cheating, along with a wide variety of other subjects.

There aren’t many restrictions with this column, with the exception that the dialogue must always be respectful and without any negative connotation towards anyone or any group of people.

We believe this is vital so that the CSUN community grows to feel comfortable when talking about sex.

Because we are speaking to more than 36,000 students who all have different experiences,we will aim to provide a fair and balance perspective to that week’s topic.

We highly encourage readers to submit their own articles about their opinions, experiences or questions about sex.

Anyone who has comments, questions, or concerns are also encouraged to let them be known.

We, the Daily Sundial, are only a small percentage of the entire CSUN campus, thus we might miss writing about a specific subject matter. That is why we encourage you the reader to write to us if you feel we need to cover, or have left out, a certain subject.

We will also be introducing a weekly question submitted by readers about any concerns that you may have about sex. Once we have selected a question, we will forward it to a professor that we will be working with from The Center for Sex and Gender Research department to have an experienced professional answer your question online and in our print version.