This movie’s final destination should have been straight to DVD

Waste of money. Waste of time.

As usual, the main character, Nick O’Bannon (Bobby Ocampo) had a premonition that something bad was going to happen, this time at the racetrack. He told his friends, his friends didn’t believe him at first, but ended up believing him eventually. They tried to intervene, but they could not cheat death.

David R. Ellis needs to polish his green-screen effects. The use of green screen was too obvious. The racetrack scene was supposed to have been the most action-packed part of the movie. But onscreen, the flying human flesh looked like uncooked sausage; and the people who got crushed by a pile of cement looked like puppets or pop-up people from a grade-school project. It was so unrealistic.

The entire movie was very predictable, although there was one scene where there was actually some suspense. It could have been the burnt hairspray can, or the unstable ceiling fan, but the way Samantha (Krista Allen) died was memorable.

The acting was OK. I never really care for the acting in movies like this. I am more engrossed in the way people are killed. I think that’s the only reason why movies like this sell–because people are excited to see how a person dies. People want to see brutal, realistic deaths. This movie showed gore, but it ultimately didn’t look real.

There were a few laughs in the movie. For example, when George Lanter (Mykelti Williamson) tried to hang himself but was unsuccessful. It was ironic to see a character trying to kill himself instead of waiting to be killed.

The most interesting part of the movie was the opening credit, where skeleton dummies were killed the way the people from past Final Destination movies had died.

But hopefully, this is the last Final Destination movie. I don’t think people are going to keep spending attention and money on a story that has been done four times.