Candyland: All That Art

Back to Article
Back to Article

Candyland: All That Art

Seniors Marlena Klein and Jocelyn Lazo take pictures at the photo booth during the

Seniors Marlena Klein and Jocelyn Lazo take pictures at the photo booth during the "Candyland" event on March 7. "We just saw (the event) happening and we wanted to join." Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

Chelsea Hays

The University Student Union hosted “Candyland: All That Art,” an event created by Student Events Assistant Kaelyn Ryan, on Thursday, March 7 at the Plaza del Sol from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. “Candyland” is one of many events the USU holds throughout the year for students to relax and enjoy their time on campus. Activities at “Candyland” included canvas art painting, string art, a bubble station, a candy bar, music and free food. Every Thursday the USU hosts a craft corner where students can create crafts, listen to music, eat and relax.

this is an image

IMG_9500.jpg

Students line up to enter the "Candyland" event which had five different areas for students to craft: a candy bar for students to create their own candy bags, a photo booth, a vinyl painting booth, a string art booth and a bubble booth. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

IMG_9354.jpg

"Candyland" meets CSUN students on Thursday, March 7 at the University Student Union as part of the weekly crafting events that go on there. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

IMG_9369.jpg

Jasmin Florencio, freshman, and Ayana Jun, sophomore, watch as their records are spun with paint during the "Candyland" event on March 7. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

IMG_9624.jpg

Jennifer Carrascoza, sophomore, splatters her vinyl with paint at the "Candyland" event on March 7. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

edit_IMG_9466.jpg

Alina Alvarado, a senior, creates bubbles at the "Candyland" event on March 7. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

IMG_9575.jpg

Dawn Joves, senior, creates string art on March 7 at the University Student Union to relax before her next class. "I work at the USU so I thought I'd stop by before my class at four," she said. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays

IMG_9516.jpg

Ye Lin, senior, finishes up her painting session before the crafting event is over. Photo credit: Chelsea Hays