Sports Calendar 9/4 – 9/10

MEN’S SOCCER

Friday 9/6

vs. Utah Valley 7:30 p.m.

Sunday 9/8

vs. University of San Francisco 6 p.m.

The Matadors, who are coming off of wins against Ohio State and Dayton, will look to build on their 2-0 start when they host the Utah Valley Wolverines (1-0) in their home opener on Friday and the University of San Francisco Dons (0-1) on Sunday. They will be led by the all-time winningest coach at CSUN, Terry Davila, now in his 21st season at the helm. The Matadors went 9-8-1 in 2018 and had seven players named All-Conference. While they are returning 20 players from last year, the Matadors will have to replace Henrik Regitnig, who was the Big West Goalkeeper of the Year in the previous two seasons.

WOMEN’S SOCCER

Friday 9/6

vs. Kansas State 5 p.m.

Sunday 9/8

vs. Eastern Washington 1 p.m.

The Matadors open at home against the Kansas State Wildcats (1-2-1) on Friday and the Eastern Washington University Eagles (2-2-1) on Sunday. They will also be looking to continue their hot start to their 2019 campaign after their most recent win over Houston put their record at 3-1. The Matadors hope to bounce back from a disappointing 2018 season in which they went 6-9-1 and missed the Big West tournament after appearing in the tournament championship game in 2017. Head coach Keith West is now in his 14th season, making him the longest-tenured coach in program history. 25 Matadors from last season will be returning with a chip on their shoulder, which should put the rest of the Big West on notice.

WOMEN’S GOLF

Sunday 9/8

vs. Cal State Bakersfield All Day

The Matadors open the 2019 season at home in a dual match against Cal State Bakersfield on Sunday. Head coach Gina Umeck is entering her seventh season leading a CSUN team that is facing high expectations after a huge year in 2018, which saw them finish in second place at the Big West Championship. Briana Steger enters her senior season after narrowly finishing in second place in the Big West last season. Another key Matador returning is sophomore Kiran Sangha, who is looking to build off her phenomenal freshman season where she finished tied for third place at the Big West Championship and had a scoring average of 76.2, sixth best in program history.