On a path to accomplishment

Aldo Risolvo/Flickr

It seems like just yesterday, I was in labor getting ready to meet my little boy for the first time. My thoughts were racing as I was about to experience something so amazing and life changing. There was no turning back — I was becoming a member of the Mommy Club.

With so many thoughts flowing through my mind, I remember thinking that I was responsible for a new life and my choices would influence him for the rest of his life.

I like so many people left school for one reason or another but made the decision to return. The push came from a 6 year battle of looming guilt that I felt by not completing college. I returned to school when my son was 2 months old, without any hesitation, I had to do it for myself and most importantly, I had to do it for him.

Fast forward one year, I am 18 units away from finishing my bachelor’s degree and my son has made it through his first year with flying colors.

Within his first year, he has learned all of the fundamentals of being human and that in itself is a much greater feat than any story I could write — it is life in its purist form and it is amazing.

One thing is for certain, we are both on a path to accomplishment, mine being a degree and his , well let’s just say , getting out of diapers would be a pretty good goal right about now.