CNBC’s Sue Herera to Speak at the VPAC

Sue Herera, CNBC co-anchor of “Power Lunch” and CSUN alumna, will be speaking at the VPAC Thursday at 7 p.m.

Herera will be sharing her experiences as a broadcast business journalist in the Kurland Lecture Hall of the VPAC as a part of the Commerce of Creativity Distinguished Speaker Series.

Herera graduated from CSUN in 1980 with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and later received the University’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 2003.

According to the “CNBC” website, Herera was one of the first women to break into the world of business broadcast news. After more than 20 years covering Wall Street and global economies she has earned her name as “The First Lady of Wall Street.”

Herera was one of the founding members of CNBC in 1989 and published her first book, “Women of the Street: Making it on Wall Street- The World’s Toughest Business,” in 1997.

As host of “CNBC’s” international series, including “CNBC in Russia” she earned a first-prize National Headliner Award and with “CNBC in India” she earned top honors in the Business & Consumer Reporting category.

Prior to CNBC, Herera spent seven years with the Financial News Network as a reporter and as an anchor.

The lecture series is free and open to the public. Reservations are recommended. To make reservations go to http://www.c2speakers.com/register/ or contact Jennifer Reifsneider at (818) 677-7038.