What to do at the end of the semester

For the lucky few who are escaping undergraduate life and entering that sweet frontier of degree-holding adulthood this month, I have composed  a few celebration ideas for you to consider. Congrats…get crazy, you deserve it.

Redecorate your study space

Do you have a study desk in your room that you spent countless late nights at? A desk where you slaved over research papers or even fell asleep on a few times?  Now that you’ve graduated, clean out those drawers and give your desk/study area a new look. Repaint it, and get rid of that ugly desk lamp. Most likely you will still need a work space as you enter the workforce, but give yourself something new to look at and maybe even a new chair.

Enjoy the perks of being a college student while they last

Be conscious of all the student discounts that you probably didn’t take advantage of while you were in college. Go to the USU and buy some movie tickets before you graduate or eat at the restaurants around campus that give students a 10 percent discount.

Go to the gym in the middle of the day. Once you start working, you will find that the day’s of going to the gym at 2 p.m. will be over. Good luck finding a treadmill at 6 p.m.

Throw a major-themed costume party

If you are interested in throwing a party with a bunch of your fellow graduates, have everyone dress up as something that pertains to their major. An astronomy major could dress like Galileo, an English major could dress like Charles Dickens, and the list goes on. There will be better photo opportunities at this party, than just the typical cap and gown cohesivity at your commencement ceremony.

Take a flight to space

Got an extra $20,000 laying around? Put a deposit down to go on Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic. He plans to start taking passengers to space for $250,000 by next year. He is currently taking deposits for a tenth of the total price to secure a seat on a flight. Most likely you don’t have the money yet,  but the path to affordable space travel is in sight. So, maybe you can wait until you’ve gotten your Master’s degree before you do this one.