AS elections begin Tuesday, students can vote in person or via their Gmail account

Associated Students (AS) Elections will be held April 1 beginning at 8 a.m. Students can vote via email through their CSUN Gmail account or in person at polling stations at Matador Square, Arbor Grill and the Matador Bookstore.

Students will have the opportunity to vote for AS president and vice president candidates for the 2014-2015 school year, as well as candidates for upper division senator, lower division senator and for the various colleges.

The two candidates running for president are Tiffany Zaich and Jesus Martinez-Ramirez. Zaich is a senior majoring in food science administration. She has been involved with AS for the past two years and this semester was selected to chair the Environmental Affairs Committee. Her running mate is Talar Alexanian They are running as part of the United We Thrive slate.

Martinez-Ramirez is a senior political science major. He has served as AS senator for the past two years. This semester he served as upper division II senator. His running mate his Taylor Burt and they running as part of the Student Success slate.

Polls will close April 2 at 6 p.m. For more information on how to vote or to view the other candidates statements a voter’s guide is available at CSUNAS.org.